Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage >>>IRON LORDS presents: SWAP CITY SHINDIG 2010!!! (Charlotte Auto Fair After Party)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Apr 1, 2010.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Afternoon Bump! There are only a few days left and I want to make sure everybody knows that we're having a party.

2. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

I'll be outta town until Saturday around noon. If I get home before 3 or so I'm gonna try to get up there and bring a few friends/rides along. I think Ron talked to Hawk and he may make it as well.

3. You better get your ass to the Shindig!!! And bring that joker Hawk with you!! I left a message on Hawks phone but haven't heard back from him. Spread the word.

BloodyKnuckles

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I know one thing is for sure, if there is a dude named Hawk, Animal and Boobie at a party then it's for sure going to be RAD!!!!

Does Austin have a HAWK or Animal? Didn't think so.....Bo ya!!!

5. sinticket

sinticket

morning bump.... its almost here!!!

6. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

He said "Morning Bump" uh-huh huh hu huhuh!!!!

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

8. Already posted, but I'm there!!!

9. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

Im going to be down all day saturday looking for parts. If i can talk my dad and girl into going to the party then im def coming over, I dont know what im going to be driving yet, maybe my 50 chevy truck or maybe the f150 but def a truck with all the stuff im needing to buy. Also where is your tent located at in the infield?

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

We do not have a tent as a club for Auto Fair. We normally have one for Good Guys but only Boobie has a spot at the swap. He's located right in HAMB village right next to modifieddriver or Frank Four Fingers. We should be there periodically through out the weekend. I think I am only going to the swap on Friday since I am only looking for magazines.

I pray to god I do not that to find any HEMI intakes, '32 5w parts, or '29 Roadster quarters. I am going to do my best to resist their allure if I do see them. I hate auto fair hahahha!!!

11. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

well where is the hamb village located? i can never find it

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

A litte past turn two is the easiest way to describe it.

[​IMG]

13. cycomofo

cycomofo

afternoon bump

14. How many Rock Out with Your Sock Out Tags Should I bring ????

15. How many you got??

BloodyKnuckles

16. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Long story short. I wore shoes with holes. Feet got soaked. Wore some newspaper shoes for a while, then nothing, then managed to find some HUGE galoshes at a vendor space.

I STILL have those size 16 galoshes!!!! Hopefully no rain this time. Looks like I MIGHT make a solo journey guys!

17. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

you bring it!! your coming over thursday? you better !!

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Can't wait to meet ya man!!! It should be a pretty Rad Weekend. I'll be at the the swap tomorrow morning for the whole day. Then it's the shindig on Saturday so save some energy and bring those size 16's!

To me your car is a Unicorn as I have hear the legends and folk tales of a great white beast that's somewhere in NC. Although I cannot confirm or deny whether they are tall tales or not because I have never seen the car first hand. Bring it or be damned......or at least shamed.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It's Officially Auto Fair Time!!! Go on out to the swap and start hunting. I'll be there tomorrow morning bright and early with bells on!

But I should say that I have dibs on all '32 Ford 5W stuff, Hemi Intakes, '29 roadster back halves, Caddy Intakes, 265 Corvette Motors and Speed parts, and Belly tanks. hahahah!!!!

[​IMG]

Photo Courtesy of budfrancis.com

20. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Leaving tomorrow at 1pm, stopping in Lexington VA to pick up some hemi heads, then heading down to Charlotte. Anyone wanting to meet up holler at me, I'm sure I'll be pretty bored, don't even have a place to stay yet! hahaha Going to wing it and see what happens!

21. Gonna try and make it down for both the swap meet and the party, got the rear end in and of course it now decides to start leaking!! Also fuel pump quit but swapped it out, just gotta finish runnin a new fuel line to carb.....I work better under pressure.... Hope to see ya all there!!!!

22. It's Auto Fair time!!!!

BloodyKnuckles

23. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

It is and Im so pumped, ive made my list and im checking twice lol ( 4inch drop axle, reverese eye model A front spring, model t rear spring, 32 grill shell, maybe new spindles,indy style full cap, flat head speed parts, 29 ford coupe patch panels, model A windsheild frame and all the other cool stuff that you find at the autofair). Dang just 7.5 hours left to work and im on my way.

24. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Rolling out now, I'll see everyone sometime!

25. Shawn M

Shawn M

BTTT, It's almost party time!

26. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Let me be the first to say THANKS! This party was the coolest thing to happen in Concord in forever! The band was killer, the turnout was even better. I could not ask for a better bunch of friends. You guys are the best!

P.S. I can't wait to see the pics. So, post them up Jeffy!

Love,

Johnny Rainbow

27. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

Great party , great band , great cars , great people, great food . Hats off to the Iron Lords for putting on one hell of a shindig. Had a blast.

28. Ahh yea that was a friggin sweet time I must say!!! Thanks to the Iron Lords CC for throwin such a bad ass party! Great food, live music, cool people, & awesome hot rods! Good to meet you guys, will have to try and make it down for some of the Wednesday shop nights, you guys got one hell of a shop. That was a perfect shakedown run for the 51....

29. MAN, I almost made it...but got hung up in Austin :D

30. sinticket

sinticket

We (The Iron Lords) are so glad everyone made it out tonight. Man it was a hell of a turnout! Weather was great and a freakin ton of cars showed up, along with a bunch of cool as hell people. It was great to finally put some faces with the names. Any of you guys are more than welcome to come hang out on shop night on Wed. We all always have a blast! Thanks again to everyone that came out!