Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Iron Invasion Woodstock Illinois

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatford39, Oct 6, 2019.

1. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

There’s a fairgrounds in or near Elburn,it may be too far south from your present location.

2. flatford39

flatford39

Kane County Fairgrounds use to host an enormous event years ago. Don't remember the details as to why it stopped them but they would fill the place up.

3. silent rick

silent rick

i'm sure the chrome czars would have some useful info on locations that meets john"s criteria. heck, even grundy county speedway/fairgrounds in morris, home to the pile up for 6 years, only had one building i believe.

4. ...actually the Boone Cty Fairgrounds have been mentioned to John Wells many times, ...AND they do have two large enclosed buildings...but the final decision is up to John.
    ...here's hoping he finds a new venue and he can leave those greedy McHenry Cty Fair guys behind,...I've heard they are running a lot of events away due to high charges.

5. Oh wow, yeah I totally forgot there are two large buildings when you pull in there.

Agreed about McHenry Cty Faigrounds, I guess Skip's Swap Meet is no longer there for the same reason

6. von zipper

von zipper

I’m gonna bet that the fairgrounds is gonna turn into new houses! The times are changing!

7. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

I don't care if the show starts at 5:00 in the am or 10, I'm gonna be there. Sometimes with a car and sometimes as a spectator. Always a highlight for me. Always see old car buddies and sometimes meet new friends.

As John has stated, the whole point of the show is the kids and I am glad to spend my money.

Yeah the venue and their greedy management blows so I too hope another location can be found. Grundy and Kane County have been mentioned, maybe Sandwich too. It would be nice to keep it in the general Chicago area but.....

My calendar is already set for Torque Fest 2020. Please be there and spend lots o cash!

Thanks to John and his family for all they do!

8. WilliD

WilliD
    from Illinois

Shouldv'e been there..too many other commitments..Thanks for Pics..looked like a good event.Weather has been tough for a lot of events this year..Hats off to the hosts..