Register now to get rid of these ads!

Iron Invasion returns to Chicago October 11 & 12, 2013 Woodstock IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, May 18, 2013.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been out of town for a long time..... and I am just now figuring out how to post with my phone. Anyway, yes, to reserve a spot, go on the site and click on camping. Once there you will see what form to fill out. Romin' Chariots CC are in charge of the camping and we hope everyone will be good to them for taking on this responsibility.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

4. I'm planning on going...maybe I'll bring a heavier coat to wear just in case (remembering last year).

5. VintageConcepts

VintageConcepts

Yes, it was cold but the show was great. See ya all there

6. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Many don't realize we had close to 50 customs / mild customs on site last year. This year we are going to try to round them all up in one area....
    we will see how successful we are......... I think if people see the quality of the cars that come to Iron Invasion, they will take the time to come over to the show.
    [​IMG]

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG]
    Last year this car was a feature car.... it was a cover car on Street Rodder. This year we will have even more cover cars in the feature building!

9. Window Licker

Window Licker

The Piston Jammers will be there in force this year. Stop by and say hi.

PISTON JAMMERS C.C.

10. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG]
    perhaps we will see Mr Anderson and his mighty fine '36 at the Iron Invasion this year.....

11. VintageConcepts

VintageConcepts

That was one of my favorite cars

12. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG]
    Ryan Johnston is always putting on a show for everyone. If you want to participate in the action this year - there is a drivers meeting at 11:30 am to go over rules.

13. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

This is a great idea! I was impressed at how many customs were there last year. Customs kick ass! I think there were nine '49-'51 Mercs the day I was there.

14. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG]

Vintage and primitive camping are encouraged at Iron Invasion. Special thanks to the Romin'Chariots CC for putting in the man hours to make sure this part of the show runs smooth. If you have a camper that is over 25 feet, you will need to contact Scott from Romin' Chariots. I know they have room for 4 or 5 of the large RV's, but think they have already reserved 3 or 4 spots. Also - no car trailers will be allowed in the camping area. AND, no cars/trucks are going to be going in and out of the campgrounds. In the past we have had tents get run over in the middle of the night from people exiting. Luckily no one was hurt. In order to alleviate this situation, there are no in/out privileges. If you are sleeping in your car or truck, then once it comes in....it stays in. Cars that are a part of the show will be parked in the show area after unloading. The show cars are only about 20 yards away so they are not far at all. Hope people understand that safety is our first concern for the show.

15. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG]

PLEASE arrive early at the Iron Invasion! Traffic patterns in Woodstock during normal travel times are slow.....
    if we add a few thousand spectators and hot rods - well - you can see the potential for trouble.
    Last year anyone that showed up before 9am had zero problems. Those that tried coming to the show around 10am had to wait on Route 47.
    Some coming around 11am had to wait an extra 30 minutes just to go 2 miles.
    Get there EARLY and stay late and there will be no issues.
    For those that wish to leave their vehicles overnight on Friday and Saturday night - that is OK. Many of the staff will be leaving their rides overnight as well. So if you want to really avoid the traffic drama - come out on Friday and camp. Then take off on Sunday morning!

16. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG]
    If you are in the Chicagoland area, go find this latest issue of LedFoot News! Got a cool article about the show as well as the cover car - Kosmic Outcast! Kosmic Outcast will be a feature car at the show - it will be right by the Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle booth inside one of the buildings. Be sure to go through all the different buildings to see all the feature cars and vendors.

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG]

this one was a favorite of many last year at Iron Invasion.... we hope he will come back - we would love to have him as a feature car inside one of the 6 buildings we have that feature vendors and hot rods/customs/vintage cycles.

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I know some don't care about the pin up contest, and some outright despise it.... but it is a part of our show and if you don't want to see the bands and the girls - just stay away from the stage area.... There is plenty of other stuff to see and do at the show. Lets hope the girls don't have to wear their parkas this year
    [​IMG]

19. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG]

Hot ROd Hucksters wowed the crowd last year.
    This year we have another cool batch of bands and some other things to knock your socks off!
    Friday night:
    7:30 pm - Bible Belt Sinners
    8:30 pm - Rodney and the Regulars
    9:30 pm - Rumble Seat Riot

Saturday
    Bad Companions 11:45 am
    Western Starlanders - 1:00 pm
    Voodoo Kings Flame Show - 1:45 pm
    Lucky Tubb - 3:30 pm
    Car Club Picks - 5:30 pm
    Rust Belt Boys close out the show on the main stage!
    Little Bobby Bleed One Man Band Show will perform at the Midwest Fabrication booth around 8pm
    there are other things on the schedule of events on the site - ironinvasion.com

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

[​IMG]

there are many feature cars in all the buildings on site.....

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

I can't wait to see Lucky Tubb and the Western Starlanders again. Top notch bands!

The weather looks like it's going to be perfect, too

24. von zipper

von zipper

Yup! Looks like 2 good days of weather!!:cool:

25. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

even if the weather is terrible, the feature cars, vendors, bands, etc are worth showing up for.
    So bring your ride (or not) out to the McHenry County Fairgrounds next weekend!
    Show starts Friday 2pm and goes til 11pm (I am sure people will be getting together in the camping area after that)
    Show gets rolling again 8am Saturday morning and goes til ???

$10 a day to get in (sorry advance discount weekend passes are sold out)
    There is no charge to show your ride.
    Spectators and car owners alike pay the same amount.
    Kids 12 and under are free.
    Active military with ID are free.

If you pre registered or volunteered you should have already received your information in the mail - or you will be getting it on Monday.
    Volunteers - your envelopes will have your schedule inside as well as your wristband. Those that pre registered, you will get a promo poster in the mail and inside there will be a letter stating that you are to pick up your wristband, exclusive poster, and registration card at the Pre Reg booth in the staging area. We will have a list of pre reg at the booth, so give yourself an extra 10 minutes to pick up your packet. Thanks

26. kply39

kply39
    from N.W. IL

I have a stupid question, and sorry if covered already. I have a 54 chrysler that I am bringing and it looks original except back bumper has mods. Do I park with the other cars are in with the rest? Also can I hang a for sale sign on it or is that only allowed in the swap meet? Thanks Eric

Attached Files:

27. von zipper

von zipper

A few from last year ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381045403.136032.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381045440.461051.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381045506.347864.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381045566.190350.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381045611.908973.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381045682.864295.jpg