Register now to get rid of these ads!

Iron Invasion - Chicagoland show Oct. 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Aug 19, 2011.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Todd - Nate - Thanks so much for chiming in........
    for those that dont know.....I am on the road almost every weekend at a different event. Yokohama Japan to Jalopy Showdown and MANY points in between.
    I do this because I love it and because I am able to pay most of my bills this way. Recently I have had to get a "real" job with Mecum auctions. But even that is an amazing job. Gimme a break - I get to DRIVE a Judge or a bone stock '50 Merc.....how great is that?
    But I am always watching - paying attention to what people enjoy about shows, events, etc

I try to incorporate all the fun, and good times that people have in our events.
    I try to leave behind the things that I hear people complain about or outright dislike.

So we hope that everyone in the area will support the show.

If you have not been to Vintage Torque Fest.....it is FUN.
    This is exactly what we hope to bring to Iron Invasion.
    We hope YOU can be there to help the positive energy keep flowing.

I am already getting questions about the pre party............
    so.....
    I guess we need to start thinking about a pre party - anyone know any places that are within walking distance from the fairgrounds there that would host a live band?
    We are allowed to have camping overnight there at the grounds - so if anyone needs spots we will have them.

Thanks for the support - we appreciate it.

Seeya at the Pile Up soon!

2. Kustom Kid 53

Kustom Kid 53

Count me in! I'm like 15 mins away form the fairgrounds.

3. GREASER815

GREASER815

You know we will be there! Everyone please come out and support this show. It is for a good cause, and will also be a blast. If it has the same feel as Torquefest does, you will not be disappointed. John knows how to throw a party, and he does it for a very good reason. Count us in!

4. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=mchen...&sspn=0.12719,0.337486&vpsrc=6&gl=us&t=m&z=16

not sure if the above link works....
    but Woodstock is about 45 minutes from Chicago Ohare airport
    this will be good for all those Chicago suburbia people that refuse to drive their cars across the WI state line or below the I 80 invisible line!
    And yes - I know a lot of guys that are like that.............

Rockford Belvidere area is about 35-40 minutes away - so we plan on catching some of those hot rods as well.

Milwaukee is only 78 miles from Woodstock.

so
    We really think that this is a good location for a lot of people.
    The Minnesota crowd that used to come to the Pile Up have really been happy to hear this news so we hope that we can get some of those cars to roll down as well.

We will keep everyone posted on events as they unfold.

Thanks again

5. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

No,that was taken over by imposters.

6. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"By the time we got to Woodstock, we were half a million strong" OK wrong Woodstock and way too many people, but I am sure that this will turn into more than just a car show or music festival. It will be an event for sure. My wife who is not into cars enjoyed and can't wait for Torquefest again. She absolutely hated GoodGuys. She enjoys the people watching and everything else that happens at one of these events, not the cars. We are going to try to make the last Pileup this year as some people are trying to talk her into doing the Pinup contests at some shows. She got dolled up for Goodguys and felt totally out of place and wanted to leave early. Let the Invasion begin.

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

$10 for entire Weekend at Vintage Torque Fest & Iron Invasion. Vehicles Free with spectator admission.

We know there can be no car show without cars......In today’s economic times we understand how hard it is to get the rides out on the road.....and the gas $$$ that it takes to get the rides to the different events. We understand because we are car guys on a limited budget as well. We "get it".

Prices for BOTH Vintage Torque Fest and Iron Invasion will be $10.

This admission gets you all the entertainment for the entire weekend! We feel the amount of entertainment that we provide at our events warrants a $10 price tag....we hope u feel the same.

Vehicle entry will be free with paid admission. Entry requirements must still be met to be able to get your ride into certain sections of the show. This will be clarified on the site. We hope you realize we appreciate your support and hope that u will continue to spread the word at shows....at work....to neighbors...to fellow gearheads and FUTURE gearheads.

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

9. Cool poster John!:cool:

10. The roadkings will make the treck from Kokomo Indiana.

11. kzeliminator

kzeliminator
    from chicago

I'll Def be there

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

12. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

14. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Diggin the new poster and independent syndicate! Very cool John.

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

you can expect me there John. Can I bring two?

I enjoyed Skip's swap meets at McHenry County Fairgrounds. The County Fair is a favorite of mine, we pull tractors there.

I like the setting and the location.

You have our support and best wishes for enormous success.

Bob

16. magnet

magnet

I will definitely be there.. its already shaping up to being a great show.

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Magnet - we truly appreciate the support that you and other members of the Czars have been giving us. There is no Iron Invasion without the hard work and thousands of hours put into the Pile Up. No matter what you guys do in the future - we will be there to support it. And something tells me that you guys will wanna do something else later on down the road in addition to the drag racing at Union Grove.

COUNT US IN!!!!

Now if I can just get some of those red pants...............or at least some red coats to help at the gate!!!!
    ha
    seeya soon - the Pile Up is gonna be legendary this year!

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Hot Rod Hucksters will play Iron Invasion!!!
    We are pleased to annouce that one of the premiere rockabilly bands in the midwest will be joining us on the main stage. Shooting for an 11:15 start time.
    Be sure to watch the video above - has some cool drag racing footage included!

19. Hucksters at the Invasion!...that's great news, always loved their sound.

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I wasn't sure we could play the Iron Invasion, as we are always booked for the beginning of October, but as luck would have it, our schedule has suddenly cleared up. ;) :D

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Django will be serving double duty - we have confirmed that Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle will be one of the vendors at the show!
    So I suspect he will be there for a majority of the day - in the morning getting ready to light up the crowd with his hot licks on lead guitar........
    then fielding questions about the shop.
    Glad you are gonna be there Django - means a lot to us.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  22. Malarky

Malarky

Im there! Its cool for me that the location is an hour and-a-half away, but even if it were much farther I'd still be there.

23. Looking forward to this one!

24. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Looking forward to it already John!:cool:

25. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

the city has already told us that they are unable to turn the light off at Rt 47 and Country Club Rd.
    Because it is a state run light..........
    so - I will be urging the people with the cool cars to get there EARLY!!!!
    10am is not early - I am trying to tell people to get there no later than 9am.
    If you get there later - you are going to have to wait on the normal heavy traffic in the area AND the spectators that are coming to the event.
    And some of the rides that we are bringing dont do so well when idling for 20-30 minutes (at least mine doesnt)
    I feel the grounds have enough room to hold everyone, but the entry/exit is the only downfall with this venue.
    We hope you will realize this going into the event and come early and stay late.....
    in this way we will not have too much drama.

We will be updating everyone on these developments and ways to alleviate any pressure (perhaps leaving cars overnight on Friday with security that we have already hired)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

26. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

27. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

Sweet thats my bday weekend... I am sure me and the 64 will be there along with all my buddys