Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage iowa hamb get together shop party sept 17th be there

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Aug 22, 2011.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

that time of the year to put the cars away and prepare for winter builds is close upon us but before we do i'm having another anual hamb shop party at my shop ! this will be the 3rd year and everyone who has attended so far has requested i do it again so here we go ! whats required ? absolutely nothing except that you have a good time , come shoot the shit and enjoy the company of other car people ! i provide all the food , pop , and beer ! drive your hot rod or custom up as in the last years or show up in your daily driver. sept 17th . 4:00 in the afternoon till whenever ! so chime in if you plan to attend have ideas or comments , if you know someone like minded into cars not necesarilly a hamber ( as many of my older friends arent computer savy but fit what this board is all about tell them and invite them along ) hope tp hear from you all !adress is 1155 prarie avenue marshalltown iowa 50158 !TODAY FOLKS any questions or if u get lost 641=751=4985

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. inlinr6

inlinr6

Tried to get there last year,hope to make it this time.

3. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Brock,
    Matt and I are planning on driving over in either his 32 or my 36. Sept 17 is also the first Henry Gregor Felsen Tribute Show in West Des Moines that Holly is putting together in honor of her dad. If you have to have the HAMB get together on the same day we can stop in Marshalltown on our way home. I think her show is over around 3 but they are having a 50's dance starting around 6.

4. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I'll try to make it again. I had a great time last year and the year before.

Gary

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

look forward to seeing you

6. alchemy

alchemy

The weekend of the 10th is the Greenfield Swap, and the ISU/UI game. Try the weekend of the 24th and I could probably come.

7. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I was hoping to make it out this year but I will be in Minnesota that weekend for Nick Sinclair's Lowbrow-High Octane Car and Art show in Northfield. Perhaps next year! It sounds like you guys always have a great time.

8. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

If it happens to work out after the Hunnert, that would be great...any later though and we might have to deal with snow.....yikes!

9. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I'm thinkin' I'd better get my heater hooked up.

10. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Dude you know you can count on the Flattop and Fenders fellas!
    Greaser Bob

11. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

look forward to seeing ya bob

12. CH3NO2

CH3NO2

The wife and I might head up. My mom is originally from Marshalltown, and I grew up just south of there in Kellogg. We don't have anything 'HAMB approved' right now, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything in the making. I always enjoy hanging out with like-minded folks, do a little bench racing, etc.

Might be able to get the wife to collect up her brushes and paint and bring them along as well.

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Why don't ya guys all come to my house and pick me up? Ohh, and bring shovels! ;) I'm not from Iowa, but I've lived 5 miles from the border for 40 yrs. Would love ta make it to a shindig like this. I'll have ta see what's going on.

14. CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Where are you located? I'm not too far from MO.

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I'm on the se corner of mo. Near keokuk, Iowa. I was just joking around bud

16. CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Just checkin. I figured if you were close to our area, wouldn't be an issue tagging along. Plus, it never hurts to know more gearheads in the area.

17. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

You must be pretty close to the Flying J.

18. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

When I'm at home, I'm 5 mins from it. Our restaurant is 2 mins from it, and where I'm at temporarily is 8 mins...so, yeah, pretty close! ;)

19. You would have make it for the weekend that we will be in South Dakota!

20. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I've run by your house quite a bit over the years. Highway 61 has sure improved, I remember running down that to St Louis when it was 2 lanes. It's a lot faster trip from St Louis to Des Moines now.

I thought it would be fun to head up to the hamb shop party but it's my wife's weekend to work so I'm not sure I can make it.

I live close to the Greenfield Swap Meet and I might be able to convince Karen to make a fresh peach pie or two if anybody is interested.

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

22. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I don't remember the rock shop. Back in those day's it was an all day trip from st Louis to home if you were running legal. No satellites in the truck then so my truck made a lot of trips from St Louis to home according to the logbook when it was sitting in my driveway. Now I can do St Louis to Des Moines in around 5 1/2 hours legally. The worst part is going through Hannibal with all those red light cameras.

23. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't make it on the 24th. I will be in Chicago all weekend visiting my son.

24. No Plan

No Plan

Going to try to be there.

25. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

ok guys it has always been the 17th and its too hard to make it work for everyone so 17thit is !

26. blinddaddykarno

blinddaddykarno

So the 17th is the final date? I want to make it, whereabouts in Iowa are you. I'd be coming from central MN.

27. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

yes i cant seem to get it to work out for everyone but leaving it at the 17th as in past years seems to work out best for most so the 17th it is ! adress is 1155 prarie ave. marshalltown ia 50158 ! shop is located just off the blacktop about an 1/8th mile of gravel so everyone knows ! most people havent had an issue w driving their old cars on gravel but as stated feel free to come in a regular car if its an issue

28. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

its been decided to keep it at the 17 th now not the 24 th so hopefully you can make it

29. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

set and done now guys the 17th as previous years ! hope to see you all

30. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

morning bump guys ! 17th it is