Register now to get rid of these ads!

Iowa and Illinois hamb meeting????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Onelow34, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Still planning on it. 12 Noon? We have a reservation or are we just meeting in the parking lot and stormin' the front door?

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ahh, yeah, i said i was goin!:)

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ill be there around 1230- 1 pm...have to get the kids to the sitters and whatnot

4. Onelow34

Onelow34

Noon and storming the door! Sound good?

5. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yup but like i said, ill be a lil late...how long we all hangin?

6. Onelow34

Onelow34

Couple hours or so. That cool?? As for now there really isn't that many coming but im still game to meet up.

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

8. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I may even wash the bird crap and dust off tomorrow morning. I'll probably get there
    a little before. There used to be a guy on 34 East of Gulfport a few miles up on the
    bluff that always had cool stuff for sale. Don't know if he's still around but I want a
    few minutes extra "just in case".

9. Onelow34

Onelow34

I know the guys that own those cars. They are some wheeler dealers let me tell ya!

10. NAILHEAD JONES

NAILHEAD JONES
    from Lomax ILL

well if anybody is still around at 7pm thats when i get off work i would just leave work early but we might go on strike thurs so need the hours on the peycheck all you guys have fun and maybe next time ill beable to go later on

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yeah, not sure why its so early in the day>>> i mean, theres plenty drinkers in the mix!!! ;)

12. I hope you guys will post some pics for those of us who can't get there. Centurion9

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

last bumparoo

15. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Headin' out to the garage now to check all the fluids, gas it up, head for the car wash and then it's Burlington or bust! :D

16. Onelow34

Onelow34

If anyone has any problems finding the joint just give me a ring....319-850-6288

17. 55_nail

55_nail

had some problems over the last couple weeks and the axles are currently pulled out of the buick so there was no way i was going to make it today....hopefully catch the next one or at least run into some of you at Rust in May.
    later,
    55_nail

18. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I just got home, it was a small group but we had a great time. Hellraiser surprised me by showing up at my place and following me down, he's somewhere between here and Nebraska right now headed into bad weather. Hope he makes it OK. I got a mile from home and something went wrong with the Stude. It slowed way down and started smoking then came out of it but acts like the brakes are on when you first let the clutch out. Clutch feels fine, trans shifts fine but I heard a brief rumbling as I rolled into town and can smell gear lube. I'm suspecting something in the rear end, no big deal if it is I have a good Dana 44 I bought to put in it I just wasn't quite ready to do it.

OneLow34, Hellraiser, Little John, Breeder, Matt and Andy it was great meeting all of you. :cool: Food was great, it's been awhile since I laughed that hard and I'm sure the waitresses won't soon forget us..... Andy, let me know if the waitress bought the beer after she got off work or not. You may have accidently stumbled onto something there. ;)

I will absolutely do my best to make the Rust Revival.

19. Onelow34

Onelow34

I wanted to say it was good to meet all you guys! Hellraiser, what a trooper! NEBRASKA??? GOD damn man, keep it up! Hope to see more of you guys at the next meet and greet.

20. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Horace Greely was wrong..... I should have went south. Weather wasn't too bad till I got within 100 miles from home. More wind than anything. Those Amber alert signs said roads closed up north and way out west.

Good to meet everyone (some again)

Hope you left some bread crumbs coming Breeder, so you could at least find your way home. Duh, it was under the bridge, not over the bridge:rolleyes:

HellRaiser

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

had a damn good time!!! we had a lil trouble finding the place cause my buddy matt turned into my wife and got me all screwed up!!!! :p
    i took a few shots....
    glenn [rudebaker} stude!!! cool car for sure!!
    [​IMG]
    this one of glenn, that imma get some money out of not to show his wife ;)
    [​IMG]
    my bros matt and andy pickin up the hotties..
    [​IMG]
    and she said no, they moved on to this one!>>>>>
    [​IMG]
    lil john and hellraiser.....think john was drunk there........you should have seen him when he went with us to wayland..... ;O
    [​IMG]
    dallas was kind enough to bring me some wish bones for my coupe {thanks buddy} and brought along a lil work from greg to show us....outstanding greg!!!
    [​IMG]
    the whole gang...
    [​IMG]
    rudebaker, andy [shorty], onelow34, me, dallas, lil john, and matt......
    ohh and lil john, you owe andy 5 bucks for the beer mug you took from the bar!!!LOL and fwi, you can get out to pee atta redlight in rush hr traffic!!!!hahah...you crazy sucker!!!!

good times gang, cant wait for another one!!!!

22. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

As long as I wasn't buying car parts from her the wife won't get too mad. ;):D She was a sweetie though wasn't she? Her Daddy has a salvage yard and some Model T's and A's (Fords that is) boys.... and I think she's single! ;););)

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

maybe squirrel beard can get lucky ........:)
    [​IMG]

24. Onelow34

Onelow34

Thats some funny shit! lol

25. Onelow34

Onelow34

breeder, my old lady said it looks more like a birds nest! Lets try that out.

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

nah...ive bothered my buddy mike enough with the photoshoppin.....besides, we called him squirrel beard all afternoon, so thats that!:D

27. Onelow34

Onelow34

tell lil john to get ahold of me about the club!!!! ive pmd him and still no answer.

28. hey sounds like it was a great time - is this going to become a regular shindig at all ???

29. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I'd do it again. :cool:

30. PoPo

PoPo

id go to it if it came up again. im sad i missed the last one because of the army.

maybe we can have a quad city one later this year. got some ideas up my sleeve for a cool place.