Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introduction

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by El Bombero, Feb 27, 2005.

1. El Bombero

El Bombero

So....I have a couple friends that are into traditional hot rods and customs just like me. They kept talking about this website and I could never remember the name. One day one of them went to an event and said it was sponsored by the "H.A.M.B" - so I type these letters into my browser and find this ultra cool website. There's tech items, message boards for car related information, a calendar for events, and on and on........ One thing I learned from reading is that I need to do an introduction, so here goes: I've been into cars for over 22 years - I'm 36 now. I started with VW's, but always appreciated customs and hot rods. I bought my first model A when I was 19 (I still own it, not finished). It was about that time I started doing custom body work and paint. I would work on my own cars and would also do jobs for money. I did this through college, but had to slow down as I pursued my career with the fire department. I am currently trying to get back in the groove with my '52 cadillac I am building. I look forward to meeting and learning from all of you. Enclosed are photos of some of my past and present projects.... sorry, I had some technical difficulties with the pictures so they aren't very clear - I'll refine my technique later.

Attached Files:

2. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from another newcomer!

3. metalshapes

metalshapes

Welcome Mike.
    I posted some pics of your Caddy.
    Look for Big Ol' Cadillac...

4. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

5. Hyfire

Hyfire

Welcome...

Here is the photo Metalshapes posted. Cool car, what are you planning to do with it?

Also, dig the black convert.... Very nice!

:D

6. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the hamb, thanks for the pics.

7. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Welcome aboard. Funny howmany of us started (and still do) with VWs. Welcome.

8. jangleguy

jangleguy

Glad you decided to take the plunge! C'mon in, the water's fine...Looks like you have some good experience to bring to the table here. Cool cars, too...

9. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Welcome ,my friend. Cool cars.... Sparky:D

10. robster

robster

Welcome to the HAMB - nice set of rides you had/have.

11. KICK ASS. I have known Roadster Mike for well over ten years now and I can tell you that some of the cars he has built in the past are true works of art. You guys here on the HAMB will see some really cool stuff come out of Roadster Mike's garage in the coming months for sure. Roadster Mike is one of the main people who not only had an impact on me getting into this whole hot rod thing but also showed me way back when that hot rods were just not for the old guys and that us young guys could get into it. My favorite car by Roadster Mike is the paint brush roadster that he built and now is living in Austin. That car showed me how to build my first model A. Welcome aboard to the HAMB and can't wait to work this weekend with you and Metalshape.

12. El Bombero

El Bombero

Hyfire,
    I am planning to put a Camero clip on it with the help of metalshapes. After that, I plan on an engine swap. The whole car will be lower and a driver. I really would like to get it on the road this summer. It's been a while since I have been able to drive one of my cars. (Have'nt had time to finish one). We
    will be posting some progress pictures soon. Hopefully we can get a lot done this weekend. Thanks for the interest.

13. desertdroog

desertdroog

Welcome to the HAMB. It is good to see the Tucson contingent arriving on this board. I have dug your Type 3 Ghia ever since I saw it at the Phoenix College Bug show waaaay back in the early 90s.

If you are a friend of Alex, then you are A-Ok in my book.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015