Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introduction

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by SMLBound, Mar 31, 2018.

1. SMLBound

SMLBound

I’m a longtime lurker from Virginia. My father (soon will be 78) has been building and repairing cars in NH since his teens in the 50’s where he was a well known local mechanic and hot rodder. His first car was channeled ‘38 Ford Conv with Harley front fenders he raced up at Old Orchard Beach (and which I would dearly love to find one day). I grew up working in his gas stations surrounded by his cars all my life; parking them and doing small jobs since the age of 10 or 12 - our best times were all car related.

Recently after a small health concern he told me that he wanted me to have his cars when the time came he could no longer drive. I’m perfectly happy waiting and knowing he gets joy from them daily. Here’s one of his favorites of the 5 he currently owns. This is a great place to learn the history and culture, enjoying the forum.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Are you in the witness protection program??coz there sure aint shit on your profile page..

SMLBound likes this.
  3. SMLBound

SMLBound

That’s because I just joined this morning. I’ll take care of that soon as I can jump on a PC, can’t seem to do so from the app.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. See you got nailed by the self appointed welcome police that only posts on this forum to put down new members because they do not meet his standards. Might not bee too bad if he actually helped & contributed to this welcome forum.
    Jimmie

KJSR and Knghtcadi like this.

5. SMLBound

SMLBound

Thanks for the welcome. It’s all good, even those comments are ok it did prompt me to go in and update my profile I didn’t even know was there

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Welcome!! from the north end of the Shenandoah Valley. I don't get down your way very often....real nice country! That '37 coupe is a real looker....please post more pix and info.....

I spent a good deal of time in my youth at Old Orchard, and plenty of time in NH (grew up north of Boston)......great memories.

I hope you keep your positive attitude, in spite of the "know-it-alls" on this site.

7. Welcome from Maryland. Love the '37 Coupe. Your Dad has good taste...........Don.

lothianwilly71 and SMLBound like this.
  8. SMLBound

SMLBound

Thanks for the welcome - I’m from the Portsmouth, NH area and my father too. I’m at SML near Roanoke now.

A few other pics:

[​IMG]

He likes his ‘37s. That one a rumble seat drop top has a smooth running 21-stud and he loves driving it.

[​IMG]

He also has a sweet ‘41 Pickup with a CSB, and the original flat to go with it. I like how he does the old school stuff like rear wheels flipped and valve stems on the inside.

Keith

9. SMLBound

SMLBound

Thanks Don!

Keith

10. mike bowling

mike bowling

Welcome from Northern Mass ( 5 min to NH). That coupe's a beauty.

11. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

welcome from Alabama.

12. You know, it took me coming back here to realize what SML was. Duh, I'm assuming it's Smith Mountain Lake. Sometimes I can be a little thick. OK, back to your regularly scheduled programming.:D

13. Welcome from another H.A.M.B. member from Southern Massachusetts. It’s good that a father can trust his son to take over the fleet.
    A family member is the best care taker a dad could ask for.
    Enjoy the ride with us. This group is always ready to answer questions and lend a hand. Just ignore the wisecracks, it’s all in good fun.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.