Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introduction/ Need Opinions on a 1946 Dodge pickup!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by CoalTownKid, Mar 18, 2005.

1. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

hello, I'm new to the board though I've hung around for a while. I have been in love with old cars and bikes since I was a kid,..just never had the dough to pick an old car or truck up!! Been riding bikes for 12 years though and am building a bobber with a 77 shovel motor in it now,..almost finished!! Well, I've been seriously toying around with finally just taking a dive and picking up a vehicle! So, here we go,....

Ok I located a nice 1946 Dodge pickup. Basically, the entire thing is there,..almost no rust on the cab,..cab was redone cosmetically to 90%, needs bed but has its sides, wheel wells good, rust free from what i could see. needs to have floor panels put in, they're gone. needs full electrical done, engine runs like a champ cause we rigged it to start with a soda bottle full og gas into the carb, (squirt, squirt!!),...manifold looks very pitted up, rest of engine looks great though. frame looks solid and 90% or more rust free. No seat, no windows at all thought he windshield's chrome frame is there. cab like I said was recently repainted and there looks to be absolutely no bondo,...and metal on doors is good and sounds good too when you tap around on them,..no weird spots that could be thinned out, etc. oh and there are a BUNCH of extra parts for this thing that the guy will throw in!! an extra hood, extra nose, two sets of headlights, fans, radiator, gas tank, fenders, bed sides, all the chrome is there but neds to be rechromed, etc.

He wants $3000 for it,..might go $2800 I'm not sure. What do you guys think?? Thanks in advance! oh and i can post some pics I took today when i went to see it,..just let me know,..gotta load em up!

Jason
    "coal town kid"

2. Hard On Parts

Hard On Parts
    from SE Kansas

Sounds a little high to me, but I bought my body for $600.00 with an extra front clip and title.

Here is mine, currently being installed on a Dakota frame:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome to the HAMB! CH