Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introducing....THE WA-GOON!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BARNETT, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Crease

Crease

That's a way cool ride Dan! Thanks for bringin her by.

2. rebstew187

rebstew187

any wagon with a 4 speed is cool.nice car man.

3. poncho

poncho

BARNETT...nice score ,,there is one like that here in town that i been keeping an eye on..i love '65 fairlane wagons and sedans,,my dad had [7] in south africa and i had a kool little 4dr in highschool,,,,,craig

4. Looks cool Dan.
    Welcome to the HAMB wagon owners club! :D

Dave (& Ginger)

5. DBF...Sorry I missed you last week.

The Gold looks soooo right on that car. I know it's in good hands.

6. aedan

aedan
    from ###

nice wagon im lovin the name aswell

7. Thanks for all the good words, everyone! I've been havin some fun cruisin around the neighborhood...this is one haulin grocery getter! An automatic would be nice, but the 4 spd is LOTS of fun. :D

Anyone have suggestion for what gauge metal to use to fill my door handle and antennae holes?

FDB, Rudy! we tried to go visit you, but you were sleepin already. I'll be back soon AND I hear we're all gonna have a gathering of GREY in Nebraska in July!

8. Try to match the factory thickness,probably 19 gauge.

18,19,or 20 ga will work.

9. Hope you never need parts for that tranny. I had a 63 Ranchro with one that was busted. I never could find parts or another tranny. The belhousing was differnt too. I had to get a differnt belhousing and a regular tranny in the end... Cool little ride you got. Good luck with her.

Richard

10. PapG, the tranny is a '69 unit and Steve just had it rebuilt, so I think I'll be fine for awhile.

Thanks, Aedan...I was kinda pleased with myself for coming up with that! :D I'm gonna try to stick a couple of "wagon" emblems together to make them say "wagoon". lol

11. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

sa-weet ride man!! I used to have a 66 fairlane...Little different but I like the 4 speed wagon thing...VERY cool...

12. Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Nothin wrong with that wagon. 4 speed makes it even better!

13. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I miss my brand X wagon sometimes

[​IMG]

14. aedan

aedan
    from ###

hahaha classic

15. Dan,

I leave town for three days and all hell breaks loose.

You bought a wagoon and Caffeine has the Freakonoline? I gotta start paying better attention.

The wagon rocks. Can't wait to see what you do with/to it.

JH :D

16. haring

haring

Dan, you know I own the rights to the term "wagoon", right?

My old van was dubbed the "Clubbed Wagoon". I don't own it anymore, so feel free to use the term as much as you want.

In fact, everytime you guys write it, I get $0.02 credited into an offshore bank account. Sweet!

And now Caffeine Rob owns the Freakonoline?!? That's crazy. I sold my van to a guy in Detroit and now your van came east to Jersey. Seems like a lot of effort for two old vans! :p

17. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

That's pretty sweet Barnett!!! Now you have room for the trike-o-doom II!!!

monkey

18. Haring...I guess that shows us that there are no original ideas. :eek: I really thought I had had come up with something with that name. damn it. :D Man...the Freak-conoline is traveling the country...it started in Mississippi!

Harrison...you just never know when my Automotive Attention Defficit Disorder will kick in. :D

Monkey...I actually do have plans for another toy...I'm thinkin more along the lines of a little red wagoon, though!

19. 30roadster

30roadster

Sweet ride Barnett!

boy that brought back memories....long trips sleeping in the fold up back seats...fighting with my sister....my mother getting us to yell in unison " get an axe!" to make the damn thing start....it worked!
    the Beatles, Simon and Garfunckle, the Archies on 8 track...... my dad not stopping for bathroom breaks and making my sister pee in a coffee can and me in a coke bottle..... it really does suck to hold a glass coke bottle full of pee between your feet for 5 or 6 hours... yes i'm still warped:D

20. Everytime it does, something cool is the result. I can't wait to see this one progress. ;)

JH

21. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

As long as it's the little red waggon...of doom!!!!

Ah yes...so evil.

monkey

22. Kerry67

Kerry67

Cool ride....wagons rule......Have fun !

23. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I love it. Whutabout some Costco cheepie thin WWs and chromies? Can't wait to see the wacky paint. Lotsa hauling room too.

24. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Welcome to the 65 Fairlane Club man!!! You either hate the style or Luv it. I Luv mine, although it's a 2 dooe sport coupe like the black one ( Mines green with a white top ). Also a 4 speed car. I never understand how some guys say pre 64. Man look at this body style. It can be Hot Rodded customized lowered etc. Endless posibilities. Good Luck and pm me if ya need help with parts etc......Kidd

25. 6t5frlane...or anyone else, for that matter...are there any good Fairlane sites I can check out? I don't need too many parts, but I will need new rubber gaskets/seals for under the roof rack and eventually some new door rubber.

Jeem...I think one of my club brothers, Jime', might be fixin me up with some chrome smoothies! Originally I was just paint the wheels and run chrome bullets, but the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced it needs wheels with lots of shine!

I just took the lower rocker trim off...looks a little lower already since that trim was actually about 3-4" above the bottom of the rocker. More holes to fill, though. lol I'm gonna go get some polishing compound and see how much I can shine up the interior paint, today. Hopefully this weekend I'll start getting the roof into shape for some flake.

26. that is indeed a nice solid car. i was looking at it myself about a year ago, but found my '63 galaxie 2 door sedan and bought it instead. i'm glad someone got that car and is going to do something with it.

27. lesabre59

lesabre59

make it a real looooong roof :)
    Nice ride Barnett, does this mean we'll see you around the taco stand more?

28. Shit, that thing is CRAZY. Crazy good or crazy bad, I can't decide...but it's definitely crazy. Wow.

29. Slick Willie

Slick Willie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Way cool. Danny.

30. BLAKE

BLAKE

Seriously.... what's it like to rule, Dan?