Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introducing....The Panty Dropper!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudsoncustom, Jun 8, 2007.

1. TwinH

TwinH
    from Finland

Nice!

Looking real good, good job.

2. sodas38

sodas38

That's one of the coolest body styles I've seen, love that Hudson!! So far so good.

3. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

Sorry for misspelling his name. Kewl to know he is still around

4. bigboy308

bigboy308
    from Merlin, OR

hudsoncustom, have you considered sharing your thoughts and work with the ClassicCar.com Hudson people? There is a category for Street Rods under the main Hudson category. From reading some (many!) of the postings on the site, there are a LOT of people interested in doing-or knowing how you did-this project. There is also a lot of HUDSON knowledge on both sites--good source of info for stock parts, trim, glass, etc., if needed. For the sake of the many HUDSON guys that use/perusethese forums, give it a try!
    Incidentally, I have a '49 Hudson Club Coupe, basically stock---the only other body style I would consider more attractive than my coupe is your 2-door sedan, known as a "Brougham" in Hudsonese.Loooong rear side window, short trunk look is really great! You have done a great job of helping pass the HUDSON word!! Keep up the GREAT work!!
    Doc Hudson Rules!!
    FYI. the Brougham shape is the most aerodynamic shape of all step-down Hudsons--There are a couple of acquaintances that are building a car like yours for Speed Week @ Bonneville. Will use Hudson power--will be interesting to follow their efforts. THANX!!

5. I took the car out for its inaugural run today. I drove it a few miles down to my buddy Sam's place and then we rolled it through town.

I worked on getting the 54 Ford fender flares on the front wheelwells. I think it looks real good with them on there.

Here's a few photos from todays drive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. poncho

poncho

is sam gonna cut up that nice lil shoebox in the background???..

7. Yep. It's getting an olds motor in it now, and then he's planning on chopping the shit out of it this summer.

8. do you have any pics of the frame swap. Car looks real nice and keep going on it.

9. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

Very cool, keep up the momentum.

10. I have a few. I've got some of the car off the body, some of the patch panels being done, etc. I didn't bother with taking too many pics, most of the work is small stuff...

Here's a couple of the body off the chassis.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then here it is with its first trial overtop of the new chassis...you can see in the first pic how much the chassis needed to be stretched. (9 inches). the second one here shows it after the stretch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's some in progress shots that show the patch panels and gap that I needed to fill.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this one shows the dash fitted.

[​IMG]

And then the engine swap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then with the front clip mocked up.

[​IMG]

Is that what you were looking for?

11. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

damn, that is one sweet looking Hudson. it has come a long way since your last update. im hoping to get the body work done on mine soon so i can get it into paint. nice work.

12. Thanks. Your ride is *bitchener* than mine though... ha ha.

How is your license plate mounted? I'm trying to figure out how to mount mine, and I noticed yours is mounted on the bumper somehow...

13. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

bitchener? haha thanks

theres a metal plate the same shape and size as the license plate welded to the bumper, crude but effective. your bumper looks way too nice to do something like that though.

[​IMG]

14. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

makes me happy I didn't sell mine, had it for twelve years and three paint jobs. might as well keep it. I like how long yours is, does it mean you have a big back area like the 4door? lots of room

15. Yep. I thought you had sold it for some reason...Maybe I just heard it was for sale...I was hoping to bring it down to Doug's place last weekend, but I was a week late in getting it on the road.

Yeah, It's got TONS of room in the back...for what? I don't know, I'll have to think of something!!

16. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

man that thing is COOL! I cant wait to see it around...

17. dehudso

dehudso

You can get a three piece bumper to take the plate off of the trunk. It tucks in nicely in the bumper.

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Good job Keith, I wish I could go for a ride in her.

19. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Man I love the car!:D

20. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow, looks amazing. Too bad you're not still in Muskegon, I'd like to see it in person.

-Dave

21. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

Beautiful, simply outstanding.

22. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

23. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Well...there you go - your Hudson has already pulled in it's first panty dropper.

24. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Can we get an up-close photo of the new front fender lip? Looks like they really compliment the body line.

25. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

Great car and great story. Thanks for posting. Very inspirational for those of us still working on the long-term projects. About 10 years ago, I pulled a steering wheel out of a junk yard for a car I didn't even own at the time, but I knew it had to have that wheel. Now I'm within a few weeks of pulling it out of the garage for a first drive.

If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

26. Yeah, I'd like to find a 53 bumper with the recessed plate mount in it...

I do have a spare bumper from something or other with a recessed plate mount, and I might just cut the center section out and use it...

27. I'll try and finish up those this weekend...I've got some finish welding to do, and then a coat of primer...BUT, they do flow nicely with the body line. I spent a good 4 hours cutting and trimming on the first side to get it *Exactly* where I wanted it.

The body line on the side flows into the fender flare and then just falls away gracefully at the front of the wheel opening. Actually, I guess it forms gracefully at the front of the wheel opening.

I'll get some pics up shortly. I meant to do a tech article on them, but I got too involved in getting them on the car and neglected to take photos.

28. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

29. guiseart

guiseart

neat lookin car.
    Grats

30. Some cars just have "THAT LOOK". I've always liked Hudsons.

[​IMG]