Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introducing myself.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by robert4005, Mar 23, 2018.

1. robert4005

robert4005

You could do something easier than gmc Rods. Get 7.1” long BBC Rods with the 2.2 rod journal size. Off set grind the crank for a little stroke increase and then have Ross make some pistons to fit.

2. LAROKE

LAROKE

I was aware of that route too and it may be the way to go at some point. I may get another stovebolt engine to build for the next iteration. Current plans are to get the other truck back on the road. It's Jimmy 302 blew a head gasket at about eighty thou miles. I'm just cleaning it up to get another few thousand miles on it while I build its next engine, A Buick 322 nailhead with this Latham induction system.

[​IMG]

catdad49, mike bowling and robert4005 like this.
  3. belair

belair

Yep. In spite of your theological/doctrinal issues with small block chevys. Grew up for a time in Little Rock, Greenwood and Ft. Smith.

robert4005 likes this.
  4. robert4005

robert4005

Nothing wrong with them really I just don’t want one, my buddy Walt’s got a 28 Tudor with the old tried and true 350/350 combo, if it makes you feel better I ride in it all the time and even drive it once in a while. I do admire the reliability he’s been all over the country And never done a thing to it except regular maintenance.

5. robert4005

robert4005

Wow! Never seen one of those, are those carter YH singles like on earl vettes and corvairs? I have a 270 builder core if your interested.

6. Marcia

Marcia

I finally figured it out, Robert! What took you so long?

Sent from my XT1650 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mike bowling and robert4005 like this.
  7. scrap_metal

scrap_metal

Welcome. Your at a great site with great people. There's a lot of knowledge on here. Have fun and looks like you are on a good start with projects already.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

robert4005 likes this.
  8. robert4005

robert4005

Can anyone tell me what I have to do or how long I to wait to receive sufficient privileges to respond too classifieds?

9. Classifieds are only responded to by PMs...read the rules posted

robert4005 likes this.
  10. LAROKE

LAROKE

Yup, those are Carter YH carbs, surprisingly enough with their tags intact. There were only a little more that 600 of these Latham superchargers manufactured between 1956 and 1965. This one is a reverse rotation model for a marine engine. I'll have to have a serpentine belt system fabricated to make it work on the nailhead. These show up on eBay from time to time, a lot more often than jimmy or stovebolt six magnetos for instance.

Thanx for the 270 offer but don't need one at this time.

11. mike bowling

mike bowling

Welcome from Mass. There's a few 6 cyl. Guys on here, and everyone ( well almost) loves old HEMI motors!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi Robert. Not sure how I missed you post when you first did the intro as I usually watch these. My avatar is my 57 235 engine in my 46 Chevy Coupe. Setting it up for Hwy cruising & tours.
    Jimmie

robert4005 likes this.