Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mutt, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Mutt

Mutt

Thought it was time to post an intro (after being registered for 11 months) - My name is Dan, I'm 59, and I built my first hot rod in 1960 ('34 Plymouth coupe w/'56 Buick 322). I've had too many cars to list, except for a T roadster built in 1965 for racing. Its glass (Bird body) and traditional.
    I'm homeless, having sold my house in Cincinnati in 1995 to buy a motorhome and race trailer, that I set up as a garage. I started touring the country to race at as many strips as I could before my body told me to stop (it hasn't yet). I raced at Half Moon Bay and Fremont when I was in the Navy in the 60's, and finally got to race at Famoso at the March Meet in the 90's
    Current cars are the T, 64 Plymouth Fury, and I'm building a (GASP!) '32 5 window as a new race car. (I built a 60x40 garage at my brother's house in Fla.)
    I'm not much into sitting in a parking lot, but have made a lot of Goodguys events and met some really great people all over the country in my travels. I race under the Acme Garage name. Damn glad to be here (or anywhere for that matter [​IMG] ).

2. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Yea Mutt, it sounds like a tough life, but somebody's got to do it. if you tour the N.W. let us know we might set up a rootin' section! unless we have to run against you, then you're on your own!!
    48 HEMI [​IMG]

3. jdubbya

jdubbya

Welcome Mutt, great intro!

4. HOWDY MUTT........You are welcome in /our Garage here at the HAMB........

5. Mutt

Mutt

Thanks for the welcome. When I get things sorted out I'll try to get some picures posted.
    48 Hemi - Since the T has to be my daily transport when I'm on the road, and I didn't want to put in a Cage because of appearance issues, it only runs 11's. The Deuce will be a 10 second streetable car when it's done. I've concentrated on multi-day meets mostly (More runs [​IMG]), but have wanted to get up that way for a long time. When the 32 is ready, I'll make it for sure.

6. Welcome Mutt,sounds like your havin' a good time. [​IMG]HRP

7. Mutt

Mutt

Thanks guys. Yeah, it's been fun. [​IMG]

8. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

sounds like a perfect life, welcome!

9. Welcome to the HAMB Mutt. I think I met you at a rod run once. If not, there another guy cruising around the country in a motor home with a racing style bucket in tow. Is your car Brown maybe?

10. JSM56

JSM56

welcome. can you post any pics, i would love to see some.

11. Mutt

Mutt

Roadstar - the car is yellow, and lettered Acme Garage on the doors, Black roll bar/interior, SBC w/2-4's I've raced at Mid-Michigan and Milan. Where do you think we met? I know a lot of racers from Mich.(Nostalgia guys)
    JSM56 - Don't have any pictures loaded yet - I never really thought to take pics of MY car it was always someone elses. [​IMG]
    I'll take some tomorrow, and if I can figure out how to post them I'll do so. Don't know if it'll work, but here's my wallpaper from my desktop.. Nope - didn't work [​IMG]

Dan

12. Mutt

Mutt

Try Again... Well, it worked. The car is in street trim here - I remove the windshield for racing.

13. Welcome.... that roadster looks like fun!

14. yeah yellow thats it, kinda like brown [​IMG] [​IMG]

It was at the nats north. Thats one cool little Hotrod.

Will you be in this area this summer?

15. Mutt

Mutt

Roadstar - That will depend on when I get my new car done. I've retired the roadster because my fat ass doesn't fit in it so well any more. [​IMG] I went to the Nats North in '95 and '96 if I remember correctly. I do remember the burnouts in the host parking lot [​IMG]
    Kojack - It's a hoot going through the traps at 118/11.2 or so! [​IMG]

16. dixiedog

dixiedog

Mutt - welcome aboard and you're from Murdock - I know that part of the world real well. Don't stand on a sidewalk at 9 pm, you might get rolled up in it when they put that town to bed.

17. Mutt

Mutt

I prefer to think of it as "God's Waiting Room" [​IMG] At least I feel young here!