Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cris, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Hi all,
    My name is Cris and I live in Vermont. I've been involved with cars since I was born, having grown up in a car family...my dad has been a member of the CARBS of Hartford since he was 14. We're currently building a 29' on 32' rails along with an early Ford speedster-ish thing with a Roof head...we also have an old original Miller-powered Special along with a bunch of early Fords, some foreign sports cars, etc. and old boats. I am currently spending a lot of spare time documenting abandoned race tracks in VT...a few that I have found can be seen here:

http://dabica.com/tracks/index.html

Anyway, in the few days I have been lurking around on this message board I've become hooked. Hope all is well with everyone.

Cris

2. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

welcome. good job with the intro but fill out the bio so they dont get ya.......

3. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi all,
    My name is Cris and I live in Vermont. I've been involved with cars since I was born, having grown up in a car family...my dad has been a member of the CARBS of Hartford since he was 14. We're currently building a 29' on 32' rails along with an early Ford speedster-ish thing with a Roof head...we also have an old original Miller-powered Special along with a bunch of early Fords, some foreign sports cars, etc. and old boats. I am currently spending a lot of spare time documenting abandoned race tracks in VT...a few that I have found can be seen here:

http://dabica.com/tracks/index.html

Anyway, in the few days I have been lurking around on this message board I've become hooked. Hope all is well with everyone.

Cris

[/ QUOTE ]

Hooked like a junkie on Skid Row! Welcome.

pigpen

4. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Welcome Chris! Sparky

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

Miller powered special............cool.

Welcome.

6. QQMOON

QQMOON

7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Hey, Welcome to the board. There are worse things to get hooked on.

8. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Welcome, I'm right across the river from you, not sure which town you are in, though. I'm near Keene, NH. There is one other guy from Vermont on here, as far as I know. Foul is his screen name.

9. carmerlin

carmerlin
    from west texas

Welcome from Texas. Keith

10. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. I am actually up in Northern VT. I checked out Foul's website, very cool. My family actually lives in NH now and I've spent a lot of time in Keene.
    Cris

11. Crease

Crease

Good name

Good intro

Welcome to the HAMB

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Cris, Thanks for the PM, checked out your website, neat stuff. Welcome to the HAMB! There was a lot of talk a few weeks ago about ESSEX frame rails on old sprint cars, the Milt Marrion photos are great examples of these frames. You are very lucky to have that car. I may have more info for you on it. Old race car world is small and everyone in it has a piece of a lot of puzzles. Did your T speedster spend any time in Vergennes, Vt?

13. Welcome aboard Cris. When/where was the Ford snowmobile meet. Never seen that many in one place.

14. Welcome to the HAMB! [​IMG]

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Dennis, This T Snowmobile event is something we hope to attend this year. They had a meeting at Hershey that I sat in on for a while. Got to see 20+ of these in action! I'll look around the web for the photos that were posted from last years event. [​IMG]

16. Southfork

Southfork

Glad to welcome you too! Yea, let's see some pics some time of the '29 on Deuce rails!

17. sickboy13

sickboy13

welcome to the board.

18. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

The T Snowmobile event was in Lancaster, NH at the beginning of February last year. I am not sure where the meet is being held this year...either there, somewhere in NY or for some reason I think it might be in Mass.

19. KoppaK

KoppaK

Welcome from a hooked English newbie [​IMG]