Register now to get rid of these ads!

intro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buffaloracer, Sep 6, 2004.

1. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

My name is Pete and I am addicted to Hot Rods. They told me that I would get over it but at age 59 I'm pretty sure that they were wrong. Spent several years drag racing, skipped several years and am back at it again racing in NHRA Stock. Though about street rods but called one a hot rod and was immediately told "its a street rod not a hot rod". Knew that wasn't the place for me. Dropped into the drags at MoKan a couple of weeks ago and knew that was where I belonged. Starting on a '52 Chevrolet that I intend to turn into a late 50's or early 60's gasser powered by a jimmy if I can find one or a Chevrolet 6. I'll post some pictures if I ever get a digital camera.
    Thanks to all of the people at the H.A.M.B Drags for making me feel welcome.
    Pete

2. Pete, which one were you. I was easy to spot, I was the pig burner.

Glad to see you on the HAMB

3. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

Thanks. Was wearing my usual black cowboy hat. Probably the only one there.

4. Otto138

Otto138

Hello,

As one new guy to another, welcome aboard. I can't wait to see some pics of a 6 powered gasser. Sounds bitchin'.

Otto

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

Welcome.

Gassers are gay.............

6. mule

mule

welcome, I am building a flathead 6 powered rod myself. Be good to see some pics

7. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Welcome Pete! gassers are cool. With a sixer it should be wild to hear it run full blast.If you know where to get blue plexiglass,for windows,let me know. I have been looking,but have a hard time locating it. Thanks Glenn

8. Welcome to teh HAMB. Enjoy!