Register now to get rid of these ads!

intro/ stepping on toes maybe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thirtytwo, Dec 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

hi all..... i've been in here as a guest looking around and ive seen people getting blasted for not giving an intro. first, so i guess thats the way things are done around here , so i guess i should start off with a disclaimer first ... im can be an opinionated S.O.B. and if i offend anyone you shouldnt let it bother you too much cause its my personal opinion, and you dont have to agree with it cause more than likely i dont agree with yours and i dont care what you think of me anyway. i have friends who are on here and they have asked me in the past why im not , and i had somewhat of a narrow minded response, i figured i didnt want to have anything to do with the whole rockabilly deal,i didnt care what the regulation measurement for the cuffs on your levis were,how many tats you have or how much pabst you drank at the last v.l.v. or what brand of flat black rattle can you use and what exact color of red is on your wheels , cause i think its alls B.S. i hate the scene and most things about it but i love cars, all cars , i have friends with some pretty fast street cars , i have friends with some pretty nice street rods, i even know of a few people with billet cars , and there all bitchin... period.... although high on my priority is traditional cars( i guess im somewhat backward compared to my friends) though which is why im here although i dont understand all the energy wasted in hate of all things not traditional , arent we all car people? ive met some import kids that had tons more on the ball about motors and hopping-up than a-lot of rockabilly "hotrodders" ive met, but i did notice there are quite a few real car people on here besides "scenesters"... i have friends that are the rockabilly types so im not a hater i just feel there is something wrong with the whole cooler than cool scene thats why i prefer hangin out with the grey beards( NO ATTITUDE , THEY KNOW WHAT THERE TALKIN ABOUT, AND THEY ARE EXTREEMELY VALUABLE WHEN IT COMES TO INFORMATION) on a personal note : im a 26 yr old out-of work machinist who came out to CA from MN "just for the winter" until the machine shop thing back home straightened out(that was two years ago) and have been out here working part time at a shop putting together trad. hot rods ,still tinking of going back to MN though, its probely -30 there right now, what am i thinking? oh i have about four personal projects going right now basically all crap no one wanted and i thought i could make cars out of the remains, and i have a flathead driver put about 8,000 miles on last year.....cause trailers suck!!

2. ikillspies

ikillspies
    from Minnesota

dude, ive only been on the hamb for a week or so, and it seems to have a lot of great information, but it already reminds me of bullshit middle school scenesters and that other crap. but anyways, welcome. oh im from lakeville MN.

3. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

your right it does kinda remind me of high school clicks, maybe some of them got picked on back then and are lashing out now, now that their in the "cool crowd"... hey i used to work in lakeville ,didnt live to far away ..small world huh?

4. Good intro.Tell it like it is.You just gotta ignore the scenesters and enjoy the cars,right.Levis and cuffs?I don't own either.
    So anyways whatcha buildin/drivin?You said a flatty,but whats it in?A 32?Pics you got any pics?
    Welcome man.You'll like it here or you wouldn't have stepped up after lurkin all this time.........Shiny

5. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Welcome aboard!
    Too much "Scene" stuff for ya?
    Well go right ahead and start changing it by adding loads of on topic car posts and "how to" articles!!!
    Thats what Titus did, God love him!
    Hey....come on now!
    We're waitin' for it! [​IMG]

Bill

6. Ouch!,,,,,,,,,,you stepped on my toes! [​IMG] He,He,

The cars,the information,and some of the most knowledgable people in all things automotive are just a question away.

since I posted my intro almost one year ago I have learned that HAMBers for the most part are all willing to help you with that project ,,,with support,a helping hand,pictures(you know we like pictures)and a well placed Attaboy. [​IMG]

I think you have found a home,,,,,,,but ya gotta remember even family don't always agree. [​IMG] my 2 cents HRP

7. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

you came to the right place, so welcome aboard. and what a great name!

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Punctuation and paragraphs would have made your intro easier to read.

9. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Nads,

just skim through it and you can pick up the gist of it pretty easy;

[ QUOTE ]
    im can be an opinionated S.O.B.,
    i dont care what you think of me,
    i didnt care,
    i think its alls B.S.,
    i hate the scene and most things about it,
    im not a hater

[/ QUOTE ]

some people come in with an attitude and others develope it over time.

funny, although it's not required it is sometimes tolerated.

welcome.

10. Hullo, Thirty two. C'mon on in and tell us about these 4 projects. Or as the father says when you come to pick up his daughter for a date.......
    "What are your intentions, young man?" We love photos too.
    Welcome and remember, there's always gonna be stuff written here that will bore and maybe even offend you. Stuff that won't apply to your lfe or lifestyle at all. I pass that stuff by and go to the stuff that interests me. Hell, if I responded negatively to all the stuff I disagree with here, I'd never get into my garage! Still, I have waaaaaaaay more similarities than differences with the people here and plan to stay a long time.
    "Take what you need and leave the rest".

11. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Here we go again. I hate Levis.....I hate cuffs........blah blah blah. Im visually and emotionally traumatized at the sight of a pair of Levis. Im so into the scene that I actually hate it.

This same dead horse appears every month for its usual flogging.

12. Not bothered by your opinion, I got a couple and they both stink. [​IMG] Tell me whats on your mind and I'll tell you whats on mine.
    Keep track of the good shit and blow the other shit off.
    Oh, welcome by the way, from a crippled up old gear head. [​IMG] [​IMG]

btw, if I recall I think I posted for about a month before I figured out the whole intro thing. Thanks for being gentle guys

13. ray

ray
    from colorado

well then you came to the wrong place, we HAMBers are all about the scene! you're just jealous cause you're bald and can't grow a pomp like i can. and your family is on welfare so you can't affford new levis long enough for cuffs. hell, there are more flat black 4 doors here with red wheels and www than at Viva Las Vegas! and you REALLY need to catch up with the SCENE...it ain't callyfornia no mo, you gotta move to austin and drink lone star beer, pabst is SOOO 2002.

i left MN about the same time as you("machinist" too), of course the scene just didn't cut it there. kept getting snow in the cuffs of my levis.

14. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Far too much emotional baggage to get by on ANY board, by the sounds of it. Lighten up a bit dude, and bear in mind nobody here likely gives a rats ass what you think [​IMG]

15. ray, yer killin me!

new guy, lighten up Francis!

16. Welcome eh, that was one of the best intro`s I`ve read in a while. I`m sure you`ll be a welcome addition.

17. DrJ

DrJ

I agree with NADS!
    I had to quit reading half way through the second line because the rest turned into a blur.
    And yes, I do have a new reading glasss perscription.

I'd ask if there was anything worth reading that isn't redundant or pompous but I really don't care that much. I got over introductions years ago. If ya got anything you really want anyone to remember about you put it on your bio sheet. you can edit it up there where it says "My Home"

Oh, and welcome to the HAMB! [​IMG]

18. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

thanks rocky your right , i figured the best way was to start worse foot forward it can only get better from there , sorry about the punctuation i failed english and am not to savvy on the computer , i feel lucky i figured out how to turn it on, hope thats a reasonable excuse? , anyway as for projects i am finishing up a 32 5-w highboy right now to sell i have enough remains to build another body for myself to keep. it will get a sbc 4spd hopefully a QC and be chopped about 3.5, a 29 pickup rat put together in spare time with castoff parts you guys have actually seen that one. and im also putting together a chassis with 59a/39box/40rear in hopes of being able to afford a brookville body some day it will be as close to mid fortys as possible with my funds the only thing i think will be a problem is the gauges and a few other little things i have 2 friends projects i am working on here one of which is my old 34 pickup and i just got a 30 coupe body for a friend back home it'll probely end up building him a chassis it will end up being probely a 10 sec. 60s style highboy on 32 rails if i can figure out a way get pics out i will

19. ikillspies

ikillspies
    from Minnesota

it's like i always say, if your going to step on someones toes, you might as well stomp them into the ground.

20. huh....is you name eric? originally from faribault? i think so.....grant just asked me if anyone has heard from you! it looks like your alive and well.

21. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

im wondering where all the scensters are on the hamb that everyone hates? I just know the majority of us here are car builders... who cares who has cuffs and who dont?

i have friends on the hamb and i dont care what anyone thinks... hahahahaha thats a good one, is saying all of this BULLSHIT nessasary?

22. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Pass the brill cream daddio! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

23. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

about as nessary as anything you just said tuck

24. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

wow- a whitty man~

i get this impression that you're alot like those nascar boys you run into now and then... theres only ONE name of the big three and the other two you have a piss on sticker for in your window...

maybe i should start selling piss on cuffs stickers and sell them on the hamb [​IMG] haha!

25. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

im TWO drunk to respond to this right now,,,maybe tomorrow..i have to run right now,,......my grandma is ironing my dickies for the Rock & Roll show and my WIDE WHITES on my LTD need to be cleaned before i head out,,LATER!

26. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

actually,,now that i think about it,i think i have you figured out,,kinda,..you see i never went to college or anything,but i always wanted to be a Psycologist,or pshychatrist,,,whatever the fuck,hahaha,ANYWAYS,i thought i was to smart for that,,which i realized later in life that i was wrong,,but thats besides the point,,i DO think i have a gift to read people ,which may sometimes just be my BS opinon,but the majority of the time im right,,,regardless...heres my evaluation,.,
    or "my observation"

it seems that you are either one of the two;

a) a ORIGINAL scenester who is now MAD cuz there are so many scensters out there now that it FRUSTRATES you because you gave up everything and left to move to Hot Rod Deluxe "central" to be in on all the action cuz you once had a 4 door falcon that you primerd black and painted the wheels red and feel that you are entiled to being mad at all the wanna be trendy fucks out there in so.cal because they are steeling YOUR scene.

b) you are mad at the world because in reality YOU like some here say you are an ANTI sceenster,,but in REALITY your a bigger CUFFSTER,POMPADE,SIDEBURN,BIKER BOOT,CHAIN WALLET idiot [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

...ok ,im going to pass out now....

27. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

oh yeah,,,and you THINK your cool cuz HELL BOUND HOOTCH farted on your hand

28. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

actually TUCK BUTT REYNOLDS both of you are wrong , i posted what i posted in hopes of steering clear of a-holes like yourselves, guess it didnt work though and the reason i am writing this right now is im stuck home sick, whats your excuse for being on the computer on a sat. night ? or is that all you do? , id be out in the shop building somthing right now, maybe you guys should think about doing the same and doing something with all of this energy you seem to have

29. Toqwik

Toqwik

Damn 32, remember those you piss off today might hold the knowlege you will want to acquire tomorrow.

30. Paul

Paul
    Editor

You posted on the HAMB in order to steer clear of the people on the HAMB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.