Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro - ref fastest flathead.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big jungle jim, Jul 1, 2004.

1. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Hi everyone. Just a quick note on who i am and what i do. My name is Jim turnbull living in sunny England. I own 2 32b roadsters one which is finished and one which is half done. My current ride has a blown flathead motor, 296ci which is currently the quickest in england for a street driven car.I am a member of the deuces hot rod club and founder which has been running for the past 8yrs.This weekend i am racing at the nostalgia nationals in england and might try slicks for the first time to see if i can get into the 12s. The car currently weighs in at 2600lbs.I live and breath hot rods and flatheads. The new car should be out next year and should be a high ten's street car running a flatty of course. I am hopefully moving over the pond next year bringing the cars with me to have some fun. Here's a few photos.

Attached Files:

2. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Attached Files:

3. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

I might take you up on that flatdog it sounds like it would be a close one.....

4. Welcome
    give me a ring when you get here. We'll try and hook up.
    The PknBner [​IMG]

5. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Thanks for the welcome. i will let you know when i am coming over.

6. [ QUOTE ]
    Hi everyone. Just a quick note on who i am and what i do. My name is Jim turnbull living in sunny England. I am hopefully moving over the pond next year bringing the cars with me to have some fun. Here's a few photos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where you trying to move to Jim?

I have just done the whole immigration, work permit, social security, green card thing myself. Its a paperwork minefield....If you need any help/guidance etc, just drop me a PM or email.

Say Hi to Kev and Alex at the weekend.

Dave...used to live in England [​IMG]

7. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Welcome, Jim - I met you briefly last year at the Nats - love your car!

[​IMG]

8. LIMEY

LIMEY

thats better Jim but you're still gay, will buzz you tomorrow from work.
    Kev.

9. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Cheers Dave. Hopefully moving out to california got job sorted just need to do paperwork. I will definitely be in touch all help would be much appreciated.

10. [ QUOTE ]
    Cheers Dave. Hopefully moving out to california got job sorted just need to do paperwork. I will definitely be in touch all help would be much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent...thats where I am...that should really piss Kev off....2 people he knows out here from 'sunny' England [​IMG]

What part of California you coming to?

Dave

11. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Takes one to know one Kev talk to you tommorrow and see you saturday night no excuses you raving cross dresser.

12. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Flaternie are you going to nostalgia drags if so come and say hello.

13. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Around LA got job offer in whitney. Anything to piss Kev off..... [​IMG]

14. Adam F

Adam F

Hey Jim welcome aboard!

Love your car - Am I correct that your car runs a magneto? Think I saw something on your car saying you were running a mag on it...

Adam F
    AKA PaintNoPrep

15. beatnik

beatnik

Wow, Very nice car, and impressive performance for street tires.

16. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    I might take you up on that flatdog it sounds like it would be a close one.....

[/ QUOTE ]

BJJ, where are you planning on moving to in the States? I would love to mix it up with ya. Keep us posted on how you run at the nostalgia drags.

I've only run a couple times with the blower on my car so I don't really know how it'll run yet, I've still got a lot of tuning to do.

If you'd like, PM with your phone number, I love to talk to you for a while. There's a cult of us Flathead nuts in the US, you'll probably like it.

17. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of my car and slip from Sunday. I ran with the North East Timing Organization. Any NETO guys around here?