Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro of Photoman the Great

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by photoman, Feb 23, 2004.

1. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Man is that grandiose enough? LOL

Let's see...a little history...Been a gearhead since I was old enough to play with toy cars. Pops was a gearhead. Grandad was a gearhead...ran his own garage in Lubbock TX from '37 'till '77. (I'll include a pic).

Cars...I started out with a '64 Chevy II sedan. Went to a '55 Chevy hardtop. Sold it for a '69 Cutlass S (sheesh!). Then went on to a bunch of drivers until I got back into Novas. Had a '65 SS. Then a '72 and now a '69. Just about done with the '69 and want to come full circle and get another '64 sedan and give it the full gasser treatment.

Car shows...Went to the 50th Oakland Roadster Show in '99. Don't know that I'll ever see a better one. Saw Shag's '34 in the parking lot and knew I was in the right place. Walked in and there was the Hirohata Merc in all it's glory. Blackie's '26. Dick William's '27. Howdy's "Ala Kart". The Invader. Joe Wilhelm's Wild Dream. Phil Cool's '32 roadster. Ivo's bucket. Got to meet the one, the only, the great Andy Southard Jr. Got to visit with Ed Roth again.

Photography...Been takin' pics since I could hold a camera. Pops is a photographer and I guess that has something to do with it. I've got craploads of car pics.

Anyways...sorry for the novel. Glad to be here.

How's that Greazer? LOL

David

Attached Files:

2. JamesG

JamesG

Well, ok............. [​IMG]

3. Greazer

Greazer

Holy Crap Photoman! You don't mess around. That was great.

Welcome to the HAMB. [​IMG]

4. HOWDY from Missouri..........

5. Greazer

Greazer

I missed the "Rat Rod" thing.

FYI: You might want to avoid that term. I'ts kind of a touchy subject around here.

6. JamesG

JamesG

Yea Rat Rods are kool, I bought the whole collection at Wal-Mart.....lol [​IMG] [​IMG].......j/k...

7. Welcome.... [​IMG]

Cheers
    MAIKI

8. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Yeah the "rat rod" thing...that's why the quotes. Don't care for it myself. Besides...a rat rod to me is what Ed Roth put on my Tshirts. You know...straight axle...big blower...flames out the fenderwell headers...big hairy mother of a green RAT drivin' it....oh yeah.

Attached Files:

9. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

thats one o' the best intros ive seen probably ever

Welcome

10. Welcome from Michigan! Enjoyed the intro!

11. JamesG

JamesG

"The 50's...my mind has been stuck there since I found my aunt's collection of 50's music 45's in her El Paso closet when I was a wee teen."

I'm trying to figure out what you was doing in your Aunt's closet.....?

Just teasin ya bro, welcome! [​IMG]

12. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Look out .
    This guy can handle words.

Howdy from anuther Missourian.

Jim

13. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

photoman, I sent you a PM, click on the blinking envelope at the top of your page.

14. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Got it. Thanks.

15. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Welcome from Richardson. Hope to meet you at some of the DFW events. There's alot of people in the area on this board.

16. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Man, not long ago you'd have been crying right now if the HAMB police caught you throwing around the lingo like that.......nowadays, we hardly even need an intro. What's the world coming to?

I should give you a Pokemon HAMB thrashing right now but I suppose the point is moot. Not trying to make myself out to be an asshole or anything, just letting you know your getting off easy. Seems like the HAMB is a softer gentler place than it once was....

With a name like that you'd better be posting some good pics.......

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Now "THATS" the way an intro should be...clear, concise...however, you didn't say you were working on something...just "wanting" to build another...that it?

The '50's...I grew up in them...wouldn't have missed it for a minnit (almost did...several times!!!), that leads me to believe you're a lot younger than me...you didn't mention your age...I'm jsut glad the hot rod "thing" ("rat rods" notwithstanding) has come full cirle...

Anyway, FWIW, welcome to The House of HAMB...
    R-

18. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Thanks Rev. I look forward to it. Want to get down to the Round Up this year. Looks like some action over at that shop in Irving. MarkX I think?

19. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Broman...not sure what that's all about. Damn police man been following me my whole life. I'm innocent I tell you!

40Stude...born in '61. Got a '69 Nova right now. Too new for me so I'm going to be moving backwards soon. Probably an early Chevy II gasser. Maybe a T roadster pickup. Then again, might just go all drag and get that front engine rail I've always wanted.

p.s. Thought you might like this pic...

Attached Files:

20. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Police ? you mean like this type? Your intro sucked.. I haven't seen any nekedpics of girlfriend, wife mother or daughter yet. You'll blend right into this mass hysteria of hambhood ratrodders............... Welcome !

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

22. Let me be the first in Europe to say Hi. Look after them
    old magazines. Certainly something to be cherished by your
    grandkids in later life.Same goes for the old pics.

23. Jester

Jester
    from Blevins AR

and a big whats up Kat from LA (Lower Arkansas) [​IMG]

24. Howdy!...glad to have you in the fold!

25. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Yep Mark & friends are trying like crazy to make it by the deadline with his '52. As far as I know we'll all be there tonight to put in some more time. It's looking pretty good so far.