Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro/ lowrider COE / LA yard space needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by praisethelowered, Sep 4, 2003.

1. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

This is really a second intro since some computer trouble caused Ryan to have to re-start my count. But since my first intro sucked and had no photos and I am starting a new project I thought I should step up with a new one. I live in Los Angeles. For style I am into lowriders for the horizontal lines and paint patterns, rods for the form follows function stripped down attitude, and customs for the details and sculptural thing. In my cars I usually end up mixing aspects of them all which I guess makes me “multi-traditional “–TM but not by the little book traditional in any case.

I have been working on my third ’56 f-100 for about 6 years. First I subframed it, built up the engine and drove it for a few years. Then I decided that it needed to be bagged and painted so I pulled it off the road and bought a rusty as hell ’65 ranchero for a daily driver. Well, the sickness works in mysterious ways and I ended up giving the full treatment to the Ranchero which is now shaved and slammed on steelies with spyders and painted off-white with a silver flake top (by the HAMB’s own lownslow) and runs a tweaked as possible inline six through shorty pipes. . . anyway all I have are some older in-progress photos of that since I am still waiting for some chrome that has disappeared into the vortex of BumperBoyz Hell (but that is another topic). Here is a photo- more to come when I get “finished”.

So now I am working on a lowrider ’54 Chevy COE delivery truck to be used for a business. I bought this monster last week in the desert. It used to be a Schlitz beer truck. I need to keep it’s weight capacity up so I can’t just frame swap to a 3/4ton like a lot of guys have done. I plan on channeling the whole cab and box over the frame, moving the engine back a few feet and down between the frame rails (to let the cab drop down), bagging it and removing a few leaves from the parallel leaf springs front and rear, but I have to blow it apart first to see if that idea will work. Then I’m thinking a gold and orange flake paint job (gold cab and box sides and orange fenders and top sort of where the orange is now) and maroon pinstripes. Here is a shitty photoshop job that I used to picture the stance- but you get the idea.

Anyway, here is my question-
    I need to get this thing going pretty quick since it isn’t just my personal ride. I figure I can do it in 6-8 months with some outside help on the paint and bag setup. I plan to tow this thing down to LA as soon as I can but I don’t have anywhere to work on it. So I am putting the word out that I need to rest some yard space. I have always worked outside and this thing is huge so I don’t need shop space- just a few parking spaces outside in a fenced area where I can pull this thing apart and put it back together. I can pay $50-$100 per month rent depending on the space and I need something pretty close to Echo Park / Glendale / Burbank so I can hop over after work and on weekend sand pound this thing out. Does anyone know anyone who knows anyone that might be able to help me out?

[​IMG]

2. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

Can anybody make these photos appear bigger for me? Anyway here is the Ranchero and fender of the '56 in beautiful Echo Park CA. [​IMG]

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

End your copy/paste with the "jpg" leave off the jibberish at the end.

And you owe me a beer.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

4. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

Thanks sodbuster,
    but you put up the before picture. . . its 1-1-2 that I want you all to check out. . .

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

6. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

7. DrJ

DrJ

I've got some Volvo 245 statonwagon long flat side windows you can HAVE if you put them in the sides of the box..... [​IMG]

Just come and get them before they fall over and break... [​IMG]