Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro - just call me dick

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Richard Head, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Richard Head

Richard Head

Hello my name is Dave. I am building a 33 ford 3 window. Chopped 2 inches in the 50's, turned into a drag car sometime later. Someone attempted to channel it and never finished it and left it for dead. All of the returns in the windshield and door jamb area had been torched out to lighten the body. It was pretty scary.

I bought it about a year ago and so far replaced floor, subrails, complete cowl, firewall and lower patch panels. All of the wood was gone, so I am currently trying to fit everything before I install new wood.

I am currently going to school to get my teaching certificate so I can only work on it as time allows. My only goal for this summer is to make it no longer held together with cleecos (swinging doors/finished welds).

Been around cars my whole life, still own my first vehicle(55 chev pickup), which I built. I've owned it for more than half my life and that makes me feel kind of old.

I cant think of any thing else to write. later

2. Well? Since you say it's ok. Hey ya Dick, eer I mean Dave. Welcome and kudos on saving that car. I have to give ya credit on that one. Looks like your heading in the right direction. Lot's of great guys here for help in the Northwest. Look some of us up sometime. Keep the fire!

3. The car looks great,,,,gonna be a teacher huh?

Dick Head,,,,or Richard Cranium? :rolleyes: HRP

4. WOW, nice save. You have some obvious ability!. Welcome-MIKE:eek:

5. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

I used to know a Richard Head in the Navy (real name). Everybody called him chief! Welcome to the HAMB; nice start on the car. I hope you are dedicated and thick skinned. I hear that the teaching business is almost as bad as working in the prison.

pigpen