Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro from new guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by TRENDZ, Oct 17, 2018.

1. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

Hello, new member here. I’d like to thank all that post here. Been reading portions of this site for quite a while, and finally have joined the site to give back any insight I may have.
    I have migrated back into classic drag cars after getting tangled in modern tech drag cars. Been collecting parts here and there for years. Finally decided it’s time to assemble something.
    Hopefully I can bring something valuable to the site. Im a hobbyist machinist/ fabricator that is not afraid to try anything in name of coolness!
    My last car was sold in 2006. It was a true 8 second 1/4 mile street car on pump gas. It was a modern tech car not of consequence to anything here. Since that car has been gone, Ive been of assistance in making other people’s cars fast or more user friendly.
    Well now it’s time for me to get back to doing something for me.
    The car I’ll be working with is a pretty ratty ‘53 studebaker. It will be powered by a potvin style blown early hemi, with a clutchflite trans. Hoping to have a streetable yet competitive car that I can use for multiple uses/ events.
    Melding my knowledge of modern drag cars into a classic drag car may be a struggle for me at times. I ask that you guys keep me more on the classic side of this struggle!

CudaChick1968 likes this.
  2. Hi Rendz. I'm also new and I see that no one has "greeted" you yet, so I will.
    Welcome to the site. I bought my car a couple of months ago and quickly found this place. Lots of great info here like you said. The knowledge base among the members is priceless.
    Enjoy the site and your new build.
    Mike

CudaChick1968 likes this.
  3. CudaChick1968

CudaChick1968

You're bringing a lot to the table!! Make yourself at home and enjoy. It will be cool seeing what you come up with. :D

4. greeting(s) ....

5. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

Thank you all. I was feeling forgotten!