Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro for a buddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36couper, Jun 23, 2004.

1. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I am helping a rodding buddy out with an intro to the HAMB. He finds the site a little complicated but I know he'll get used to it. I'll get him to post some pics.
    His name is Ray "Whizzer" Schuler. Lives in northern Indiana. One of the best rodding guys I know. Has a couple of neat cars that include a Track T roadster (for sale in the classifieds) and a few other trad styled rides. He is in his 60's and has rodding stories coming out of his ying-yang. If you ever need a laugh at one of the rodding events, track him down.
    Bought his first hot rod when he was 14. Owns a prosperous ad business that helps fund his addiction to rods. You may have seen one of his rides....a yellow '37 that rides on air with WWW, red steelies with the hot rod Woodpecker on the lower front fender.
    I bought my '36 coupe from him. Then I hot-rodded the shit out of it!
    Has a whack of vintage rod parts including numerous of the 'good' flatties. He isn't one of the guys that hords stuff and will never sell. Quite the opposite.
    Whizzer, enter stage right........!!!

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

OK,so where is he? [​IMG]

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Is this his? We need him here to tell us these stories.....

4. Cword

Cword

It's about time!

I'd have thought that with his internet experience he'd have been here long ago.

He's some pictures of his '32 and T that he emailed me back in 1998

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. slammed

slammed

Wow. This dude is a heavy hitter, w/ride's and background like this.

6. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Yup, that's him.
    He is not a heavy hitter. Just a regular guy who loves old cars and hot rods.
    I'm coaching him through the process of changing his user name.

7. Welcome to the HAMB Ray!!.........ya got a good coach there!!

8. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

[ QUOTE ]
    I am helping a rodding buddy out with an intro to the HAMB. He finds the site a little complicated but I know he'll get used to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Did he lose all his typing fingers in a shop related accident? [​IMG]

Despite his low profile, I hereby welcome Ray to the HAMB and hope that he will enjoy sharing his experience with all of us knobs.

9. Welcome Ray!!! Nice rides!!!! YOu have come to the right place...he he he [​IMG]

I have seen the yellow coupe and 32' roadster in a calendar in the garage. I memorized those cars, they were bad to the bone. Same ones?

10. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">Indeed cool rides and we need some stories!!!

More pics!!!

WELCOME.

RASHY </font>

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Welcome Ray! Killer rides.

12. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I'm really not trying to be a dick, but it appears that Ray is only interested in the classifieds. Will he be sharing these stories, or just trying to sell his stuff?
    It doesn't bother me either way, but if he can figure out how to post in the classifieds, he ought to be able to add to this thread.
    It just looks like he's got some shit to hock, and is looking for other stuff and will be gone when he gets what he's after.

13. Welcome Ray- [when you post your own INTRO.... [​IMG]Im with Deyomatic-I think its admirable of 36 Couper[and I like him][ to help his friend here...........BUT......
    UNLESS YOU GOT A NOTE FROM YOUR MOM PINNED ON YOUR SHY-ASS RAY-I'M WAITING! [​IMG] GET YOUR ASS OUTA THE CLASSIFIEDS AND POST A DAMNED INTRO- [​IMG]its no harder than "for sale".

14. haring

haring

[ QUOTE ]
    I am helping a rodding buddy out with an intro to the HAMB. He finds the site a little complicated

[/ QUOTE ]

He sure figured out how to post in the classified section. Uncool:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/ubbthreads/dosearch.php?Cat=&amp;Forum=All_Forums&amp;Words=3101&amp;Match=Username&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=allposts

I'm sure that Ray is wealth of knowledge, with fascinating stories to tell, as well as impeccable bedside manners and savior fare, but I'm sure he's capable of posting his own intro. And to say that he finds the site "a little complicated" is laughable. I'd much rather hear about this tales of ribaldry in his own words.

15. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I digg that car, but an intro would be nice from the man himself...Good luck, and welcome..

16. 19353W

19353W

Ray are getting old.. tried to buy a Car from his ad on Facebook. The Ad was taken from Hemmings motor news, and the car in California ( Ray in Indiana )... Ray wanted to wire my Money to buy a car he has not seen... I said NO and contacted Another living in L.A. to go and see that car and title was OK, the other friend bougth it and transported it to shipping terminal. When Ray wired my Money to my friend in L.A. he kept 1000usd in comission.. I told Ray thats too much and he promised to pay 500usd back to me. When he Heard that I also paid comission to the friend making the deal, he refused to pay the 500 back... Ray is a nice guy, but too old making businness... if You buy a car through him, he must guarantie the Money, and in this case he didnt... so I had to pay double comission..

17. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

RAY.....Get on here and talk with us. And welcome from another Ray from Kentucky.