Register now to get rid of these ads!

INTERVENTION and REHAB: A tale of two '36's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Django, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Well, apparently it was decided that I was in need of an INTERVENTION and I have been put in my place regarding my flathead dreams for the '36. My friend Jon and Dad will get their way. They think that the car can be assembled and on the road in a short period of time as it is, and I can be driving it. And in the mean streets of Chicago, juice brakes and an 85 hp flatty aren't going to cut it, according to them. My Czar brothers agreed, because none of them can keep up with me on the highway.

REHAB:

I went home this weekend to make it happen. Well, we got alot done but it sure doesn't seem like it. We did get the new water pump put on, intake, carb, and hoses. New front rotors, bearings, calipers, hoses and the front brakes are ready.

Still have to finish the back brakes, driveshaft, coil overs, fuel and brake lines and some temporary gauges.

My NAPA bill is up to $1100!! Oh well, there shouldn't be anything that could break cause its ALL new! And I got a free hat. [​IMG] I'll be going back home in 2 weeks for the Hoosier Swap Meet and to work some more. I really wanted to hear the damn thing run this weekend, but it was not to be. Next trip though, for sure.

My flathead chassis is destined for roadsterdom in the not so near future.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IF I can get the car to the pileup and IF the cheaters can take a break from the circle jerk, we will play Big Bird's "One of these things does not belong with the other" and the winner may get a prize. [​IMG]

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Oh yeah, the Cobra stuff is temporary, cause they were lying around. I have some '60s finned Keystone valve covers that are going on once everything is working and bolted together.

That's my Dad. He bought the car in '64.

3. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Cool pictures. How long you think it's gunna take to get it on the road?

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

If it was just me, probably forever, because I like to make stuff look nice. Dad and Jon have to keep telling me "Just put it together for now and drive it. Make it pretty later." I can't help it, I'm a visual person. [​IMG] Without their help, I'd be nowhere, really. BTW, that's Dad's 3 window sitting next to it. Hopefully, in two weeks, I'll have pics of it motorvating under it's own power. Whether or not it makes the pile up depends more on a certain other Road Rocket buddy of ours completing the necessary bodywork. [​IMG]