Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects International sale??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Grabis, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Grabis

Grabis

Hey H.A.M.B.
    Anyone that has sold a vehicle internationally, how do you safely receive payment?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

Bank transfer

chryslerfan55, Grabis and squirrel like this.
  3. Easy as pie...I started an account at a Bank I didn’t do business with..buyer wired funds to that account..had my money in about 2 days...I was a nice guy and got a quote on getting the car to the coast for him and included that in the price...once I had the money I emailed him a copy of the title, put all the paperwork in a folder and sent it with the driver that got the car to Jersey for overseas shipping

4. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Don't do it ! Keep em here!

Grabis likes this.

5. Squablow

Squablow

Yup, wire transfer, never had an issue. Your bank can set up a new account that will only be used for the transfer and then closed as soon as it's done so you don't need to give out any sensitive account details.

chryslerfan55 and Grabis like this.
  6. Grabis

Grabis

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I purchased a car from AZ in 2019 and exported it to Australia. All I did was an international bank transfer via my bank for purchase and another for AZ to CA shipping. I've had HAMBERs help me out with parts and shipping and used PayPal without issue. Another alternative is Escrow.

chryslerfan55 and Grabis like this.
  8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Remember if the monies are coming from a foreign nation that you are unfamiliar with you might want to run it through the US Treasury Department Office of Foreign Assets Control. Not all money is acceptable in the US. On the Treasury website you can also check the list of SDN (Specially Designated Nationals) that are individuals prohibited from dealing with us due to terrorism or narcotics, etc.

mgtstumpy, chryslerfan55 and Grabis like this.
  9. Bank transfer is the safest way to sell a car overseas and the cost is minimal.

I sold a car to a gentleman in Tokyo and one in Sweden, I've also sold a car to a gentleman in Texas, it's easy to do and I used my personal bank but did use a separate account. HRP

mgtstumpy, chryslerfan55 and Grabis like this.