Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods International car shipping enquiry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tedsgoldmine, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Has anyone here had experience with V2 Global shipping?

With thanks

Gavin

2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

A friend here has used Montana Exports for years to ship all his cars to Brisbane. Joe is based in CA and an ex-pat Ozzie. For large / heavy one off items I've used Californian Image at Narangba, north of Brisbane near Depression Bay. Be prepared to wait a few months for delivery. You just need to ship to their warehouse in CA

3. Thanks Stumpy. I have been given a quote of $2995USD ex LA including road transport to LA...I just have to clear it this end and organise the import permit...I can't find anyone to beat that price..but without a large web presence, despite being referred to by a large US car transport company, I am flying blind in to the unknown...kinda hoping to find some good references.

With thanks

Gavin

4. WrightClassics

WrightClassics

We have been using West Coast Shipping to move a few vintage cars in containers from the US. They do load out of Oakland instead of LA, not sure if that's closer to where your car is located or not. We paid around $1800 USD for each car to be shipped in a shared container to Brisbane. Local agent help us clear. Excluding the GST, each car ended up costing us $2700 USD.

5. I work together with RINKENS

6. Thanks guys. I have gone with Rinkens. Their price was as competitive as many out their and their communications is excellent...I'll let you know how the rest of the trip goes.

With thanks

Gavin