Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Interior trim pieces. How?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostone, Sep 17, 2021.

1. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Getting ready to start cutting and fitting the 38 ford dash and 26 stude gauge cluster into my 31 tudor and I'd like to build some small trim pieces to go on the dash.

Maybe a speaker cover too and was wondering if any of you gents have done this before, and how you did it.

Of course old stainless steel trim pieces would be ideal but most of my idea's would be 1 off's and I don't have any trim to start with.

So would aluminum work? I'm looking at around 1/4 to 3/8 wide for trim.

So if anyone knows of ant build threads or how to's they could point me too I'd appreciate it!!

2. redo32

redo32

Aluminum would work, easy to cut shape and sand and buff. Apply with double sided tape. What size is the speaker and where is it mounted? Post some pictures for better opinions and suggestions.

3. goldmountain

goldmountain

A '41 Ford speaker grille is a good looking piece.

4. You might try googling the following:

automotive stainless steel trim strips

5. If you are wanting it chrome plated to match other chrome pieces brass works really well. I did the spears on the hood of my truck in brass and the plater loved that they were brass super easy for them to finish for plating.

6. Got some tri five interior stuff. What sort a of lengths do you need.

7. McMaster-Carr sell stainless half-round in various sizes, stick it on with two-sided tape...