Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Interior Door latch release

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lcfman, Jul 25, 2016.

1. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

I need an manual door latch release to work with my electric door latch release for safety purposes in case the electrical system fails. I have searched the internet and haven't found anything I like. Suggestion on a manual unit preferable using a cable is appreciated.

2. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

IF U DO A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR EMERGENCY DOOR RELEASE U SHOULD COME UP WITH
    A LOT OUT THERE

3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

You can scour junkyards for a hood release cable off of an older, big car. Should be long enough. I usually buy from Control Cable, to do mine. Don't have time when building cars for other people. The longest they make is 10 ft, though, sometimes not quite long enough, but much heavier than an OEM hood release. In that case, I have to run the cable into the wheel well, or behind the bumper, instead of hiding it behind the grill.

4. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Try a choke cable from your NAPA store and run it from the latch to a hidden spot on your cars undercarriage by the firewall

5. oj

oj

I put them into the door itself, a bullnose piece of stainless that sticks up like the door lock. Push down on it and it opens the door. It'll actually become the primary way to open the door. I find that leaving the window down is the normal condition, rare is the time when you leave your car where you think it needs locked up. You wouldn't take it there to begin with. Problem with the emergancy cable release is that they are normally inside the glove box, kinda awkward to get at from the outside.

lothiandon1940 likes this.