Register now to get rid of these ads!

Interesting things you've found in cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by piche582, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarynickname

Scarynickname
    from Toney, Al

While working in my dads junk yard as a kid I pried open the trunk of an abandoned Chevy Laguna and found a huge NOS bottle and some other pieces. Lot's of pocket knives and change. Lots of cheap tools. When I worked at a Mercedes shop I popped open the trunk of a repo and found lots of classified (mostly secret) material. I called the local base and they told to just throw it away! So, I burnt it in a drum out back.

2. axle

axle
    from Drag City

steve, the car was originally built back in the 50's. i made the cover of hot rod with it. and before i owned it th ecar was on the cover of american rodder (around 91')

3. rixrex

rixrex

I was part owner in a salvage yard on the southside of San Antonio and I was in charge of the abandoned car dept. one of the first things you did was call the cops with the numbers. Twice during the time of reporting thousands of cars, the cops said "standby,don't touch the car, we're sending a unit right over" first thing a detective did was walk up to the car and sniff the trunk keyhole..one of those times,sure enough, there was a body in the trunk..several times, a persons whole life was in the car, neatly folded laundry on the passenger seat, a shrine to the Dallas Cowboys on the dash, TV set and carpentry tools in the trunk, big knife under the drivers seat..always wondered what happened to the poor devils..on a lighter note, in the late 70s I was buying my 57 Nomad from a vato on the westside. I was sitting in the backseat with him looking through a shoebox full of car titles, I looked over my shoulder and saw a bag full of beer cans and tamale shucks. Next to that was a girls parochial school uniform, little plaid skirt, I knew I had to have that car......rixrex

4. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

how about a strange place youve picked up a car?

Attached Files:

5. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

man, we gotta keep this going. i laughed thru this whole thread.

6. Several years ago, as I left the local Wal-Mart and was approaching my blue Olds Cutlass Ciera in the parking lot, I noticed a very attractive young woman sitting in the front seat. I'm thinking, "Wow....this must be my lucky day !" :)

Of course, she was in a car that was virtually identical to mine and parked right next to it. :(

7. SO-AZ

SO-AZ
    from Tucson

In the ashtray of my '67 chevy II I found 3 lighters and 4 condoms that are atleast 20 years old. Someone was havin' fun in that car.

8. Picked up a 51 Ford Custom That sat since "67.when I went thru it I found 3 NOS Crestliner Hubcaps and Trim pieces which I gave to a friend of mine.Also a trunk full of old car mags from the '50's & '60's.Not a bad haul...

9. grapejuice1998

grapejuice1998
    from Dallas, TX

I bought a '29 Model A coupe that had a 1964 Dallas, TX telephone book in the rumble. I paged over to the S's and found my familys construction company listing. The address is about 1 block from my house now. My Grand Dad and Dad built all of the houses in the area and had their field office on the last lot of the sub division. The field office is long gone and there's a house there now. I doubt the field office was listed there for more than a couple years and get this, we still have the same phone number.
    I also bought a '34 Dodge p/u and I just knew there had to be something cool in there. I dug around as far as I could reach into the doors and I came up with a 1926 P buffalo head nickle from the passenger side. I believe the book said it was worth a Fiver, but I'm gonna put it on the keychain.

10. CRUE CAB

CRUE CAB
    from Florida

My cat. He was in the trunk of a car about to be crushed at the yard I was working at.
    I kept hearing a noise in a car up from Miami.
    I pryed the truck open and there he was. Sitting in the corner of the trunk.
    I have no idea how or when he got there. He was only about 10 to 12 weeks.
    So I took his little ass home and he has grown to be a terror.
    He got named Jetta for the car I found him in.

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I found some false teeth in a junker,I didnt know anyone who needed them so I threw them back.....................ha,ha!

12. So you found an old chopper?:p

13. rixrex

rixrex

How did you know they were anal beads??....rixrex

14. ratrodford

ratrodford

well i found a body in the trunk one time....

15. nick3757

nick3757

I found a Shop Theory book for the henry ford trade school in an old jeep cj5 at the junkyard. It says it was copyrighted in 1934 and reprinted in 41. The book even has the origional reciept in it dated 2-6-42 to a Raymond Petrochko from Olyphant PA. It only cost $.75 back then! It is one of the best things i got for free from a car yet.

16. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

a few years back, my dad and i were at a police auction and we were rooting around a cutlass they had confiscated and my dad pulled a 9mm out from under the front seat. he put it back and said, stay here and dont let anyone in here. he went and got one of the officers and gave him the gun. they were QUITE embarrased!

17. SO-AZ

SO-AZ
    from Tucson

I bought a 66 Tempest to race and found a matched pair of black and yellow Cal plates SNO OOO. Still have em on the wall. My dad found a lump under the carpet on his first car, 54 Chev, yep, rubbers. He also found a lump under back seat carpet in his 68 New Yorker in 1970, it was a new power window switch.

18. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I found a small new testament pocket bible in the glovebox of my '65 Ford econoline PU last year!
    It was awesome to see that the previous owner had "faith" not only in his truck to get him from place to place safely:)

19. Landseer

Landseer
    from VA

Because of this thread, I rooted around the drivers seat crease of our 64 buick and found my son's social security card from 10 years ago when he was in high school. Plus, a nice 1950 Franklin half that must be from an earlier owner. And a medium sized Victorinox knife that belongs to my wife.

20. the baby head shit had me splitting my sides!

21. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

I bought a 62 GMC p/u from an impound lot. Got the lowdown from the tow guy. Crackhead got busted, couldn't afford the impound charges, I scored. Found various papers for his numerous applications for unemployment, disability, etc. It's when I was removing the various layers of plywood from the bed that it got interesting. "Why remove the old when you can just lay a new one over it"? My son young son was helping clean it all out. That is until discovering a bottle of sterile medical water and information pamphlets on living with H.I.V. Scared to poke around inside or around that truck would have been an understatement!

22. hodaddyo

hodaddyo

i found a hot naked chick in the back seat of my car a few times, so i married her.

23. Michael Pukash

Michael Pukash

Bought a car from Alabama. Good runner the seller said. When I got it was missing real bad and finally stalled. When I got it home and started taking the air cleaner off I found it was full of the bigest, nastest spiders I have ever seen. Bug bombed the car and changed my pants!

24. 53baldmohawk

53baldmohawk
    from Valencia

25. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Found an old stray cats photo from when they played over here. Also spare parts, change and the usual.

26. Carpet Bomber

Carpet Bomber
    from Minnesota

Piche: You really should think about tracking the family down and giving it to his sons or duaters ect... It really isn't worth much, but will mean alot to them. Also it makes ya feel good too.

27. Carpet Bomber

Carpet Bomber
    from Minnesota

All I've found is a bunch of mouse shit.

28. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

Last car I got through an abondonment, had a nice snap-on bag in the trunk, it also had a big ol bag of pot in the snap-on bag....Think he would have came back for that.

29. Kyron

Kyron
    from Peoria Az

A friend got an early 60's ford 4-door from a guy super cheap because he was to old to drive it anymore ..........

In the glove box hidden in some other papers we found pictures from retirement party where he was getting lap dances from strippers :D

The best pic was him sitting with a HUGE grin on his face as a girl leaded over him so he had a boobie on each sholder :cool:

Good first post?

30. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

No. Do an intro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.