Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Interesting images from old magazines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rbantique, Jul 18, 2010.

1. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

27 t.jpg 36.jpg 283.jpg 1954.jpg cox.jpg dick peters.jpg donwilliams.jpg dragon.jpg drop tank.jpg full house.jpg iacono.jpg millera.jpg miller.jpg no wash.jpg oct1948hrm.jpg back pages

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Nobey likes this.
  2. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

oct1958hrm.jpg pollard.jpg SaG.jpg scott.jpg SCTA.jpg t pu.jpg v8 60.jpg vandorn.jpg wild one.jpg williams.jpg 21st B.jpg henderson.jpg kaline.jpg Smith.jpg Volavka.jpg back pages

3. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Great thread!! I hope you have more photos to share with us :)

5. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

--------------------------
    Pic http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1033546&d=1279623074

:DCaption - "Nurdburger Krackpotkin,
    (the now ex) 'chief engineer in charge
    of new product development' at Henway
    Motors, was both dismayed and distraught
    after being told, that after secretly spending
    millions of dollars of the company's money
    to develop a car specifically for 'the little
    people' car market, that, given the fact that
    elves, leprechauns, gnomes and fairies did
    not actually exist, other than in Krackpotkin's
    own sick and twisted mind, there was no
    possible market for the car, whatsoever,
    and that his employment with the company
    was being terminated, effective immediately!!!
    "
    :eek::eek::D

Mart3406 (Henway Motors Corporate
    Historian and Archivist):D
    ==========================

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  6. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

b block.jpg bathing suit.jpg Beatty.jpg beach boys.jpg carson tops.jpg coffin fire.jpg coleman.jpg elders.jpg fred larsen.jpg Gilardone.jpg Hallock.jpg johnson.jpg kraft.jpg Larsen.jpg Navarro.jpg back pages

7. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Bailon.jpg bailon3.jpg bailon4.jpg bailon5.jpg bailon6.jpg bailon7.jpg bailon8.jpg minor.jpg Rugard.jpg Taconelli.jpg ticket.jpg trendero 2.jpg trendero.jpg Volpe.jpg westergaurd 2.jpg Back Pages

8. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

so many kool kustoms back then...thanks for sharing these pics,I'm really enjoying this

9. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

watson.jpg watson 3.jpg watson 5.jpg dean J.jpg dj 2.jpg watson 6.jpg roth.jpg watson 2.jpg petes Mom.jpg pete high school.jpg westergaurd.jpg whitehead.jpg rf3.jpg jake.jpg jake%202.jpg
    It has been great fun to go out and read these magazines again. here is a great R & C article on paint by Thom Taylor

10. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

kustom heart.jpg larry.jpg robert susan.jpg RF reunion.jpg bailon2.jpg bailon.jpg beatty.jpg before after.jpg bill hook.jpg brown 2.jpg Brown.jpg candy bird.jpg desert sign.jpg east.jpg Irwindale.jpg Rat Fink Reunion + more back pages

11. The post prior to the last one..that car in the middle on the bottom row ...the guy standing by the driver's door with the striped jacket & straw hat..that's a channeled '29 Model "A" ..."The Little Jewel" .
    I think I remember that car.

12. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

darrin.jpg cush1.jpg cush2.jpg cush3.jpg cush4.jpg LaMasa.jpg Lane.jpg McCoy.jpg morgan.jpg neuman.jpg rice.jpg Sims.jpg uc.jpg uc2.jpg williams.jpg back pages

13. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Thank you, Thank you for posting all those great pictures. I'm 74 and my heart raced like when I first saw them. Did anybody notice the picture of the Little Coffin after a fire in post 66.

14. I can smell those musty pages from here!:)

15. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

la.jpg la2.jpg la3.jpg la4.jpg la5.jpg la6.jpg la7.jpg la9.jpg la10.jpg la11.jpg la12.jpg la13.jpg la14.jpg la15.jpg la16.jpg LA streets in the 40s Dean Batchelor article

16. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

bill hines ala.jpg ala.jpg B & P.jpg bonneville.jpg dt.jpg dt2.jpg flint.jpg found.jpg gemsa.jpg isky.jpg montgomery.jpg moon 2.jpg moon 5.jpg moon 4.jpg moon 3.jpg back pages

17. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

n1.jpg n2.jpg n3.jpg n4.jpg n5.jpg n6.jpg nr.jpg rufi.jpg scotty 2.jpg Scotty.jpg shoebox.jpg ST&B.jpg v8 60.jpg umhoefer 2.jpg umhoefer.jpg Larry Watson Color Chart & more back pages

18. screwball

screwball

I got thousands of vintage magazines going back to 47. How do you find the time to dig through them and post the cool pics? Thanks for doing it though.

19. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

hrm b.jpg hrm color.jpg hrmapr51.jpg hrm 2a.jpg go.jpg hrm 51.jpg hrm a.jpg hrm1.jpg hrm49.jpg hrm1950.jpg hrmapr50.jpg hrmaug49.jpg hrmfeb51.jpg hrmjan50.jpg xydias.jpg
    Recently retired and figured that it would be a fun project . It is much better than a real job. Hopefully it will bring to light an image that someone else missed or rekindle a memory ( I've tried to show the people as well as the cars). In some cases they might inspire a build in progress.
    Here are some HRM covers that are familiar to most of us but even though I've seen them 50 times they still strike that same chord inside of me.

20. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Actually, historians have discovered that Herr Krackpotkin was not alone in his misguided attempts to develop a small car for this nitch market. It is said that Herr Schicklgruber flew into a fit of rage, pounding his fists on the table upon discovering that his Wolfsburg engineers had squandered millions of Deutschmarks in their efforts to develop a car for this same market.

Attached Files:

21. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

hrmjan51.jpg hrmjul50.jpg hrmjul51.jpg hrmjun49.jpg hrmjun50.jpg hrmmay50.jpg hrmoct49.jpg hrmoct50.jpg hrmsep49.jpg hrmsep50.jpg n & M.jpg cruces.jpg accident.jpg big al.jpg chinaman.jpg back pages

22. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Hey RB,
    For me,this thread has become one of the most enjoyable threads in a long time. It's become a part of my morning routine to look for it. I've found that some of the images are familiar and comforting from my highschool days. Others are interesting and I've never seen them before. I thoroughly dig looking at the images and taking this trip down memory lane and I appreciate that you and others have spent countless hours gathering and scanning this cool stuff. Thanks, Rick!

23. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]

..I've seen this car in several of the old "little books". I remember that the guys name was "Whitey" and that Dutch had flamed the car for him...had some real neat little louvers punched in the front cycle fenders.
    I'm wondering if anyone knows what became of this car or "Whitey".....

24. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

1963.jpg bakan.jpg cushenberry.jpg impala.jpg jeffries.jpg Macchia.jpg mcCormanck.jpg Southard.jpg trio.jpg isky.jpg landrigan.jpg rose.jpg vance.jpg flint.jpg Neuman.jpg back pages... men & machines + a couple of gals

25. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

This was cool, back in High School! :eek:
    (Custom Rodder Mag. October 1958)

Attached Files:

26. speedexx

speedexx
    from Georgia

Great thread man. Luv it. Thanks so much for the hours & hours of scanning & posting!

27. yeah ditto thanks alot,I forgot how hot K.C.Winkler really is/was..............wonder where she is now

Attached Files:

28. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

dan gurney.jpg delano.jpg dick dean.jpg Ellis hardtop VC.jpg gaylord 1953 ann.jpg gaylord.jpg gurney.jpg holmes.jpg lytle.jpg Mario.jpg McAfee.jpg monteleone.jpg prime dream.jpg rod run.jpg stowe.jpg Glad to see that there still is interest in these old magazine memories.

29. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

blair.jpg cote.jpg El Mirage.jpg Jimmy 6.jpg Nicholson.jpg no info.jpg remains.jpg saugus CA.jpg Schinn.jpg westling.jpg VD jacket.jpg Sam Barris.jpg Remington.jpg fin master.jpg LaRocket metz.jpg

and the louis cote collection article by rick amado

30. rbantique........THANKS FOR POSTING ALL THESE GREAT PICTURES!
    It brought back lots of good memories from a time long gone!!!