Register now to get rid of these ads!

Insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone GT, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

How do you appraise and insure a hot rod?

2. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

Haggerty with agreed value

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

If you'll do a search on insurance, you'll find more info and opinions and explanations than you'll ever need to know!
    Dave

4. maniac

maniac

5. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

6. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Grundy is the best way to go. Look them up on Google and give them a call. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. Their product is good and their claim service is top notch.
    I just handled a very large claim with them with a total loss and very large injuries. No problems what so ever. Give them a
    shot.

VR&C .

7. Panama Red

Panama Red

I have limited experience but Haggerty was recommended to me when I picked up my 41 last Aug. I decided to check with my Citizens agent first and found their prices to be less than Haggerty with full coverage. Just added the 41 to our regular policy after getting it appraised from a local appraiser with great credentials. Insurance agent just wanted pics and a written appraisal. Guess my advice would be shop around a bit and first find a known quality appraiser.

8. I'm using Hagerty, too. I just told my agent how much I wanted it covered for, wrote the check, and I've been happy since. Affordable,too....

9. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

I'm another Grundy guy. You contact them by phone or via the web. They'll ask you how much "agreed value" you want to insure for. They'll ask for pictures. If -- after looking at the pix they determine that the agreed value is in line with what they're seein' in the photo's your through. Send them the money and they'll e-mail or fax proof of insurance the same day. And their prices are better than anyone I've found.

I've not filed claims thru Grundy but friends have and have really been pleased with the way they were processed. Don't think you can go wrong with these guys.

10. yblock292

yblock292

HAGGERTY, great people to deal with. Been with them for over 10 years 6 cars insured with them.

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Wish I was computer savvy enough to find that pic of a group of guys beating a dead horse! This shit has been tossed back and forth so many times I wanna puke!
    Going back to my email and unsubscribe to this dead horse beating thread!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dave

12. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I use and recommend Grundy. I just e-mailed them with a value of my 29 coupe, a couple pictures and in a short time I had a proof of insurance card e-mailed to me.
    I should say that I have a "collection" and they just added the coupe to the collection that they already insure.

13. i drive my cars everyday, so regular insurance WITH an accredited appraisal.

14. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

I use Hagerty Insurance ......... http://www.hagerty.com/ .

And I used Auto Appraisal group Inc. ....... www.autoappraisal.com for my appraisal.
    When you get your car appraised you have paper work (Insurance Documentation) to back up any claims.