Register now to get rid of these ads!

Insurance questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCKRODDER, Feb 21, 2007.

1. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I tried the search function but could not get any info to come up. I know I read a thread awhile back on different insurance companies pros and cons. A friend of mine has just about finished his car and is searching for the best specialty insurance . Thanks for your help!:)

2. john56h

john56h

I use J.C. Taylor, never had a claim so I can't comment on how good they are. Reasonably priced though.

3. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Thanks John , I will have him check into that! Anyone else?? He was checking into Hagarty I believe anyone have experiences good or bad?:cool:

4. RAGENRAT638

RAGENRAT638

i had both of mine appraised and then took the appraisal's to my insurance man (farmers) and had them insured for the appraisal value. one was 48,000 and the other 18,000 i pay about 150.00 year on each.
    never had a claim on those. but have had on the family cars, been very happy. hope this helps :)

o yea the appraisal's were 75.00 each

5. KIRK

KIRK

I have my 31 tudor insured with Grundy. $167.00 per year for $25,000 worth of insurance. No problems and they were good to deal with. I have never had a claim however.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

7. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

I Dont Know If You Guys Have Silver Wheels South Of The Border But I Have 2 Vehicles Insured With Them And I Have No Restrictions Or Limitations The Underwriter Is Aviva Ins.,only Problem Has Been Premiums Going Up Because They Began Insuring These Imports And I Guess Quite A Few Claims Have Been Going Through.other Than That They Insure Your Vehicle By Appraisal Value Not What It Is,so You Could Almost Set The Premium To What You Want With The Appraisal,just Remember That If Something Were To Happen The Appraisal Value Is What You Get.one More Thing Have The Vehicle Appraised Every 2 Years At The Least Or Else They Will Greatly Depreciate The Value If A Claim Is Put Through.im In The Bodyshop Business So I Kind Of Know How Insurance Companies Deal With The Fine Print On Policies.

8. Paul2748

Paul2748

I have Sneed, Robinson & Gerber (Tenn) for three cars. Very good to deal with, had a relatively small claim and they paid off ok. Not expensive either. Got Hagerty for a Bird, cheapest of the bunch when I went looking.

9. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Thanks guys , that will give him some ideas.

10. flathead4d

flathead4d

HAGGERTY! Best deal I could find and liberal driving policy.

11. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

I had Hagerty on my Chrysler and my F100 and they were GREAT! I say had b/c I just moved recently and need to re-up in AZ. They do an "agreed upon value" for your vehicle, so I had $14,000 of coverage on my Chrysler for $170.00/yr. I had one claim for rock damage on my paint and windshield and they had an adjuster come out and look at it for 1/2 an hour and they sent a NICE check a week later. I'll be using them again!

12. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I had a Claim with Grundy .. Paid off in 4 days !! with no rate increase ..that's what I Call Customer.. I have over 50K worth of full coverage with ZERO deductables for less than 300.00 a yr

GRUNDY ROCKS .... www.grundy.com end of story !

13. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I too need to check on this. But I like driving mine to work and some of them don't like that.

Later, Bill

14. smokindave

smokindave

same here. My 64 Olds is insured for 13,000 and my premium is 109 a year. I can't remember if there is a limit to mileage per year, but my odometer doesn't work anyway.

15. RetroJoe

RetroJoe

I have my Lemans covered through State Farm with a declaired value of 13.5K and I pay $16.00 a month for it.