Register now to get rid of these ads!

Instrument voltage regulator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thaplumbr, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

Hope this pic shows up, I'm trying to wire up my dad's truck does anyone know which side 12 volts connects to on this regulator?
    Thanks for your help!
    Leroy

Attached Files:

2. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

Anyone?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. leadsled56

leadsled56

Tough to say without more info like part number and such. It appears to be non electronic. I would ground the body and run a hot lead to one post then measure voltage with a meter at the other post. Got a 50/50 chance of it being connected right the first time. If you don't get correct voltage then swap connections. Once you get it figured out be sure to mark it somehow.

4. skooch

skooch

You can also use a "light" voltage tester, light will be bright at 12v and dim at 6.

5. stimpy

stimpy

thats a bimetalic stip unit . need to know what part number or what its original vehicle it came out of as its a push in cluster one .

if thats a R307 unit power in is the spade by the upright to the left in the picture

6. Look real close as sometimes the stamp is light, but often there is a + on the power side.

7. birdman1

birdman1

if that's a Ford instrument voltage regulator, if you have a wiring diagram, figure it out. red is voltage.:eek:

8. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

Think I got it, thank y'all!