Okay, here's the background so you know what prompted this project. I am building an American Speed 33 roadster (with a flathead), not a very traditional body but an nice all steel canvas to have some fun with. I live in the PNW which means rain and cold if you like driving during the seemingly endless winter months (and I do). Since my "roadster" has roll up windows I decided to add a heater but wanted to keep it old school. I also added defroster slits to my dash so I needed a heater/defroster. Remember the flathead? well it is a fully polished, Navarro blown 8BA that I do not want to run water lines off of...or drill holes in my firewall...or have hot water inside the car for that matter if I didn't have to. So I had an idea... I started by surfing the internet looking for an electric 12V heater that had enough muscle to take a bit of the chill off and clear the windshield. I found this, Its a golf cart heater or maybe for the cab of a semi or a small fishing boat. Here are the specs, So I had my heater, now I needed a box to hide it in. One of my favorite expressions in building my cars is "hide your technology", thus I surfed epay and found a heater that would work out of an old Chrysler or something, pretty cool, all of the plastic door pulls were perfect plus it had defroster cables and remote dash mount that I will use. Out with all the stuff I didn't need, I had to make a few adjustments to make the new heater fit. I bought a heater with 3 outlets, one I will use for the defrosters and the other two will be routed to the doors on the cabinet. I had to cut out the right side door to create a space for the heater to breathe but that will be against the passenger toe board of the dash so you wont see it. defroster vent hole this is for the intake vent I had to remove the factory vent tube connectors then I added some sheet metal ones in their place to direct air flow from the heater to the doors and to my defroster ducts. this ones for the defroster ducts right side floor And this one if for the front floor opening I left enough clearance to allow the heater to be assembled and disassembled (for powder coating still to come) and service if needed. You can see the switch still mounted in the heater, that is the fan control, it will be relocated to the control panel as will the adjustable thermostat the heater came with. I have the box blasted and ready for finishing. I used a method one of the HAMBers put up on straightening grille teeth to remove all of the damage from the stainless beauty belly band, still have to run it across the buffer though but you get the idea. Here is a shot of the defroster duct, this is the original butterfly valve that came on the Chrysler heater, I just relocated it to the rear of the cabinet. It just slides in place and is held by a sheet metal screw. They are cable operated from the control panel. This stud secures the heater element to the box. I still need to cut out a patch and weld it in here to finish the right side of the box a bit I have to build a bracket that the heater will bolt to under the dash so it does not hang off the firewall (no un-needed holes in the firewall). Here is where I will place it, just peaking out from under the passenger side dash. You can catch a glimpse of the defroster slit in this pic too. So there you have it, not the neatest idea in the world but it's mine, and now it's shared with my fellow HAMBers. It is the only project I had currently that I could post for tech week, hope you enjoyed it. Some pinstripes will likely be mandatory.