Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Installing rajah terminals

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hombres ruin, Aug 12, 2017.

1. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Hi guys . I am installing rajah terminals on my 41 flathead . I have 7mm spark plug wires ,6v ignition. The terminals are the 90 degree ends and they are solderless . How do I attach the wire to the rajah terminals . Do I thread the wire through the hole in the cap and then screw the plug end into the cap? Thanks for the help

2. Mike VV

Mike VV

Yes.
    Pretty simple really. Bare some wire, fold it over, push it thru the plastic to the wall with the bare portion facing the terminal location, screw in the terminal.
    If the wire is a tight fit, either some WD-40 or Dielectric grease will ease the fit.

Mike

3. ^ First, unscrew the metal terminal from the plastic housing.........then^^^^

4. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

So from what I gather you just expose the wire fold it over the plug wire and insert it into the plastic housing then screw in the plug attachment? That will hold sufficiently? There is no crimping or clamping involved?

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

6. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Could you elaborate please?

7. Cut back the plug wire enough to be able to push just the center of the wire up through the black Bakelite part. So that there is some wire "not the rubber part of the wire" but the electrode part of the wire up passed the threads so that when you screw the metal part on it will crush down on the electrode. This is how I do it. I can pull hard on mine and they will not come off.

8. allways push the exposed core wire THRU the little hole on Bottom of Rajah,then screw it down tight .that is what holds it from pulling back apart..Do Not Fold core wire over...

9. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

That's what I was looking for ! Thanks so much

10. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Excellent info.. that's what I needed . I want to do it right. Much appreciated!