Register now to get rid of these ads!

Installing '56 Olds Fiesta Hubcaps on Ford Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pat/Ohio, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Pat/Ohio

Pat/Ohio

Hi All, Kinda new to the H.A.M.B.! Been hangin' out on the Fordbarn for years. I have a question concerning installing the Olds Fiesta Hubcaps (15") on stock 1950 Ford wheels. I just purchased this nice set of Olds hubcaps and am having difficulties installing them. Is there a trick to it or ?? I didn't want to bang around too much on them...they were a little pricey. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Pat

2. A Boner

A Boner

Even though they are Olds hub caps, you might have to use a Ford hammer!

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Not all wheels will accept another brand wheel cover, even if they are the same wheel diameter. It has to do with the contour of the wheel center and the offset of the rim to the center. You can easily have interference between the wheel cover and the wheel itself. Mid '50s Cadillac wheels/covers are kind of the poster child of this problem.

You may need to change wheels, either to a later Ford wheel or perhaps, a Mopar wheel to solve the problem. Or, use a different wheel cover than the Fiestas.

Ray

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yeah, they won't fit.
    I'll do ya a favor and take them off your hands...hows $50 for the set of 4?:D

5. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

I'am putting them on my '50 coupe and they would not fit the factory wheels, not enough off set, the caps hit on the wheel centers. I got wheels from Wheel Vintique with a different back spacing. I will check back space tomorrow if it will help!

6. Pat/Ohio

Pat/Ohio

Thanks Atomic Kustom, Yes...please follow up on what you find with the Vintique wheels.

Thanks to everyone else for their suggestions and comments!

Pat

7. 49toad

49toad

Thay won't fit a Ford wheel but thay will fit a Mopar wheel. The Mopars are a little deeper and have the same bolt pattern.

8. Koz

Koz

I had a similar problem on my '35 pickup. I ended up using GM wheel hoops because the Ford centers wouldn't accept the Olds cap diameter.

9. Pat/Ohio

Pat/Ohio

Thanks 49toad! That's good info. I'll be looking for 15" Mopar wheels next. Pat

10. Pat/Ohio

Pat/Ohio

Thanks Larry! As mentioned above...looks like I'll be looking for more wheels. Pat

11. As always helpful to a fault however you should sweeten the deal by adding cookies to that offer.

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I ran the '56 Olds wheelcovers on my '53 F-100 for the 13 years I owned it. I had wheels from a 70s Ford pickup on my F-100, and the wheelcovers went on easily and stayed on.

13. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

OK the stock Ford wheel has a back spacing of 3" and the Wheel Vintique has a back spacing of 3 5/8". If I remember right the wheels were part of their custom off set line of rims. If the Olds caps are a little tight you can adjust the fingers on the back. I would like to know back in day if it was the Mopar rims they used, because you do see alot of the 49-51 Fords in the old mags with the Olds caps! Hope this helps

14. Pat/Ohio

Pat/Ohio

Yes...Thanks for the follow-up! The general consensus so far is that the wheels used on the shoebox Ford when using the 56 Olds Fiesta caps must have been other than the original wheel. If anyone is using or have used the stock '49-'51 Ford wheel with the Fiesta cap...I would like to know.

Pat

15. Prime-time bump for ya...

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG, you are soooo right....I wasn't even thinking. :rolleyes:
    Ok, I'll up my offer, $50 for the set AND a huge batch of cookies.;)

17. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

i want cookies too !!!!!!!!!!!

18. Not trying to highjack this thread, but is there a way to mount Olds dog dish hubcaps to a early ('40) Ford wheel?