Register now to get rid of these ads!

inspire me!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nefarious Art, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

I just need some inspiration you guys. Just got my first custom ('50 Shoebox) at 20 and i'm pretty strapped right now, plus i work full time. The car needs ALOT of work. Keep in mind i'm NOT complaining- just want some inspiration. I know working with what ya got is what this hobby's all about, so tell me some stories from all yer early rodding experiences.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  2. ELD

ELD

Let's see some pic's of that box......

3. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

I'll get pics up tonight. I literally brought it home yesterday and had to rush straight to work where i closed at 10 pm so i wasn't able to get pics up.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Post some pics-up to you as to what direction that you go with car. Check here and local swap meets for parts. Plus, where you are not too far to Sacramento Vintage Ford over Sacramento way or over the hill to Summit Racing near Reno. Read as many related car mags as possible. Have an overall plan, don't get hung up on what you can't/don't have. Do your best, and you'll learn more along the way. If it is a driver go to local shows, and possibly join local car club. Lots of car guys in your area.

5. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

I'll be a poorboy! BAHAHAHA

6. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

You're ahead of the curve already,you know who Robert Williams is!
    Always be looking...good artists and craftsman are the greatest voyeurs!
    Chip away at the stone,a little bit every day...

7. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

That's good!

8. RoscoeFink

RoscoeFink
    from Idaho

Last year I built my '49 Lincoln in three months. I did all the work out doors, working late into the night after working all day as a carpet layer. I did it all for $1,126 It still runs fine and always gets a lot of attention both cruising and at at shows.
    If you want to know more about the build, feel free to ask.... more about it here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290051

I think it's boss that you are doing a budget box, good luck!

[​IMG]

9. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

roscoe that's awesome and very inspirational! Glad to hear you're a fellow pinhead as well!

10. Can't wait for pics - this will B fun
    I had a pal I did some "Versions" of his 49 shoe box for... Love that car and fast to draw....

11. AND... a striper too??? how cool is that !