Register now to get rid of these ads!

Inside a Clutch-Turbo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by repoman, Mar 19, 2006.

1. FloridaJoe

FloridaJoe

Does anyone have any cost figures for what it would cost to do something like this?

2. Kazoom

Kazoom

Hi yup I spoke with Charlie a few times in the last year and just recently, he said they are now done the parts for the chev clutch hydro, he mentioned that maybe the clutch c6 might be next. In the past I think he told me the new kits would be around $800-900???, not 100% sure though.

If it helps anyone put a price/value on these, I payed $450 for a rebiult clutch hydro tranny a few years back, $500 for my good cond clutch flite tranny recently and $300 for the Clutch C-6 kit I just got.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  3. Kazoom

Kazoom

4. Kazoom

Kazoom

Hey Kerry, if you don't mind what price did your get that part for?

5. I'd rather not say right now as I might be selling it. Lets just say it was quite reasonable.

6. Kazoom

Kazoom

7. Kazoom

Kazoom

Here are some more pics of my Ford Clutch C6 from the other site... http://www.460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=16177
    For cutting the bell I marked the inside of the bell with a 3" small hand grinder, I used approx a small 1/8" to 1/4" spacer on the center bolt of grinder and held it against the outer edge of the pump to make an even mark and cut a slot in one spot. Then I used a reciprocating saw to cut it off and a big hand grinder on the cut face to straighten/finish it out nice.

The plan/thought is to use a hydraulic foot clutch kit with this deal, I don't see any need for other types of linkages. I have a B+M mega shifter that should be good for both converter and the clutch tranny. The clutch C6 is about an inch longer with the lakewood clutch shield on so just one slotted tranny mount should do the trick for switching if needed, they will both use the same center tranny shield and cable shifter linkage. I need to find/buy a good strong 11" long style pressure plate and play around with diffrent disks to see what will work best for me for street/strip, I am thinking to use a lightend steel flywheel but maybe possibly alumium also.

Anyone know will a dual disk work in/with this deal?[/SIZE]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  8. Kazoom

Kazoom

A few more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kazoom

Kazoom

So I am wondering if anyone here knows of any particular Gassers/dragsters that used/tryed one of these clutch auto trannys that was pulling 7-8 sec 1/4 times, someone please correct me if I am wrong, I was told by an old timer a while back that Skip Hess tryed this same FE type B&M clutch C6 I have behind his Revell SOHC Gasser Mustang in the late 60's running mid 7's with it.

[​IMG]

10. I added to my old message, but sometimes those edits are not seen. Anyway, I found it, scanned, and emailed it as a PDF to Kaz.

--Matt

11. Kazoom

Kazoom

Thanks again Matt for helping me out... so here it is for your viewing pleasure... looks like the ford clutch C6 kit is a real trick kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  12. Humble Jon

Humble Jon

Repoman. I have disasembled a clutch turbo 400 and the check ball was not in the right place. It is a manual shift B&M unit, with the B&M plate. Question, Where does the check ball go, and why is there a seperator wire in the Reverse hole in the case? Thanks for your help.

13. masracingtd1167

masracingtd1167
    from ct

We ran an M+M clutchflite in this car and ran mid to high 8 second runs with it

Attached Files: