Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Insane 58 Chevy (build)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Insane 1, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

In many ways I prefer the 58 BelAir over the 58 Impala. That's an extremely ambitious project on your part, and I wish you well with it. Good Luck!

2. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Any updates on this one?

3. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Cool project and not one you see every day. It will be a cool build to follow.

4. fenian65

fenian65

awesome throw enough time and money at it and will be cool

5. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Not as of this moment. For the last couple of weeks I've been getting a 71 Chevy truck ready for paint so I can sell it and use a little of the money to help the 58 along (rest going to bills), but just got it painted, so I will be back on the 58 shortly.

I did just enter the Winter Projects contest, and keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

6. Damn, you aree braver than I am. Or maybe ejust have alot moree talent and time. Good luck with it.

7. Rooney00

Rooney00

Looks good so far. Keep it up!

8. Tony D.

Tony D.

I'm a Mopar guy and I can relate. I know it's not really HAMB friendly, but when I put the 440 in my Plymouth, it's getting a mini-starter.

Nice work on the 58. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

9. Holy shit Batman, more work than I care to tackle but quite a project you got going there. At least you'll be an expert welder and fabricator once its complete. I saw a similar project on a '61 Chevy a while back that was rustier than what you got. Double up on the tetanus shot and go for it!

Bob

10. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

i'm pretty sure mikes already an expert welder and fabricator..i've known a couple guys to get work done by mike, and was never let down by the quality and care put into them..

11. lowmaster

lowmaster

He can do it!! Anyone who can UN bodydrop a 4 door chevy truck should have no problem.

12. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Thanks wingnutz! (he knows what it's about), and thanks everyone else for the kind words, and sorry to all of those who lost some hair w/all of the head scratching!

^^^^ Dont't listen to him he does all my exhaust work so he has to be nice!!!

And Thank You 51fordshoebox, do I know you???

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  13. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

is that a 350 in it.

14. It looks like A lot of work, but its all worth it eventually, at least thats what I tell myself!

15. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

I appreciate a person who has the balls to cut cars like this. I dont think i could do it. you the man.

16. Just keep the progress goin!!! its a cool car

17. send_it_all

send_it_all

Zack???...Is that you???

18. ratt7

ratt7

Great job, anything can be done ! The car will be brand new again soon. Keep us posted !

19. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

haven't met you personally that i know of. but i'm good friends with chris bostick..

20. Painter D

Painter D
    from DFW

Chris Bostick? He's still around?

Hey Mike, maybe in a couple of weeks I'll try to come check out your project. It's been a while since I've been down there.

21. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Oh, Bostick, ok! Haven't heard from him in like 2 years. Painter D knows Bostick as well, (it's that damn old N/C thing). And P.D. you're more than welcome to come down anytime.

22. Painter D

Painter D
    from DFW

Any new progress?

23. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Funny you should ask... (and thanks for the windshield, even though the guy broke it trying to install it! :mad:) I'm getting started back on the 58 next weekend. Had a lot of "stuff" getting in the way, but now I finished getting this this 71 chevy done, and is ready to sell (so I can help fund the 58) I can get going again, so updates next weekend :D ...

This is what got in my way... [​IMG]

24. Painter D

Painter D
    from DFW

25. Iron Man

Iron Man

Anything new on the '58? This one's fun to follow.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  26. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Yeah, I was diggin' this too...

27. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

I think I just threw up in the back of my mouth... Nice 71 but DAMN I HATE OCHRE!!!! Most hideous color they put on these trucks. My 71' Burb is Medium Olive with a hawian blue tailgate, pale yellow liftgate and Ochre doors.(yuk!), 72' Cheyenne Super was Dark Olive/White :), 72 C10 Burb pale yellow/white and the 72 C20 Burb was Orange.

Now, getting back on topic... I commend you on your undertaking here. It looks like it's coming along nicely. So with it going to be bagged/layin frame. Are you gonna rail this or? :):eek:

28. Painter D

Painter D
    from DFW

Anything new?;)

Did you sell that truck yet so you can fund the 58?

29. Ochre rocks! That, the dark green and the Marina Blue that Chevy put on their trucks during those days were the sharpest colors of that time! That Chevy is looking great! Did you ever sell the Dodge?

Can't wait for more pics of the '58!!!

30. DefianceB

DefianceB