Register now to get rid of these ads!

Inline mopar guys check this out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikeey rat, Feb 7, 2011.

1. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

Cylinder Head Innovations article . A new head on the block scratch built 6 cyl chrysler heads that make up to 450 horsepower Great little article

2. The story did not load, you gotta link?

3. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

just google cylinder head innovations then in their articles section look at the one titled A NEW HEAD ON THE BLOCK sorry guys Im not great with my computer skillsthey are a company in Melbourne Australia

4. pcterm2

pcterm2

5. Pardon my ignorance, but what is a 265 (6 cylinder) engine?...

6. Abomination

Abomination

7. Rocket-Boy

Rocket-Boy

they are a great motor but i dissagree with the whole 265 HEMI thing they are far from. they are a ealry chrysler valliant engine over here in Australia. made some good power for there time and gave the v8s something to be worried about.
    while you are google'erising look up a australian charger probably the best car with the 265

8. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

sorry I m not a mopar guy I thought that like the slant 6 that this was a U.S. sourced engine It came in a lot of our chrysler products.Chargers valiants centuras etc It was areal good engine check out aussie valiant chargers they were coolcars not really related to your chargers

9. Zerk

Zerk

The original design was from the US, and it was rejected in favor of the small V8 in trucks. The redesign to make the engine reliable and maximize its output was all engineered in Australia.
    Sometimes I think we missed a pretty good bet. The slant six is great, and I love it, but it is strongly cubic inch and rpm limited.

10. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

they came first in a 245 ci then went up to 265 ci A couple of mistakes by chrysler Australia prevented them from winning some big races here ...A big branch intake that starved on hard cornering and a three speed gearbox that hurt top end our E49c aussie valiant chargers were quicker down the quarter than our 351 powered GTHO falcon which was the quickest 4 door car in the world at that time

11. daliant

daliant

I wish they would make an aluminum head for the slant six. I dont know how the aussie 6 got the hemi name, it has wedge head like a big block chevy and flat top pistons.

12. Zerk

Zerk

I dunno, what could be done as an improvement? It's already a 12-port. I guess a for-real hemi combustion chamber would be worthwhile, but it's still hard to squeak more than 240 ci. out of the slant.

On the other hand, I've never seen a better potential for supercharging or turbocharging. They even left extra room for the blower on the righthand side!

13. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

You guys did make one . there was an early lancer wagon for sale here years ago with one imported from the U.S. prone to warping I think I was told at the time

14. Abomination

Abomination

15. 6ck Pony

6ck Pony

16. daliant

daliant

Only the block was aluminum. All production heads were cast iron with the exception of a few prototypes that were aluminum.

17. edweird

edweird

lets see a pic of this little monster.