Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects inline 6 bangers in 32 to 34 ford truck?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by rustyrods, Nov 13, 2018.

1. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Amazing story, but some people can't handle improvement to a Chebbie! Hehe. Bummed to hear what they did to it. It must have been really nice.

The 300 Ford's and 225 Slant Sixes have to be some of the most overly built engines produced. I have owned both, and other than the Mopar having just a tad more pulling capability, they are fairly even rivals. If only Chevy had made the 292's and etc. sooner, then things would have been different for sure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

If you want a six why not start with a Chev, Dodge, or even an International that came with a six to begin with? For years people put up with Ford's inferior suspension, brakes, etc just to get the V8. Now you want to throw away the one good part on the vehicle. I don't get it. I would much rather start with a Dodge that has 4 springs and hydraulic brakes to begin with, and swap in the big six 265 Chrysler/DeSoto/ Dodge truck engine.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    classiccarjack and Atwater Mike like this.
  3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Actually, given original proportions of the body mass (and the factory chassis sides' cross section) the frame looks quite 'understated'. Would fit WAY better with a Model A cab.
    Just look. (reminds me of some of those early 'glass Deuce bodies on Model A (or 2" X 3" frames...)
    ...and I never beat off with a stick. Ever.