Register now to get rid of these ads!

inline 250 to th350 help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfcockedcustoms, Feb 14, 2009.

1. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

I need some info and pics if possibile on how to hook up and route the kick down cable on a th350,,,,this is what its in,,its a 64 chevy truck with a 68 250 that has the stock 64 230 intake and linkage,,I want to take out the 3 on the tree and put in a th350 trans,,I have everything to do it,,but have searched for a week to find out how to hook up the kickdown with no luck.The scrapers have destroy all the 70's cars around here so I cant find anything,,parts wise,,so any help would be great,,Thanks

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

You will probably have to change the carb since it came from a vehicle with a manual trans it wont have the hook up for the kick down cable,you can drive it without the cable hooked up untill you find the parts but will have to manuallly downshift it to pass.

3. chevyshack

chevyshack

My kickdown is just tied up out of the way. you dont really need it. I just manually down shift it when i want to spin the tires. HA!

4. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

what parts should I look for and where?

5. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

try contacting lokar or parr automotive.they have cables and bracket kits.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009