Register now to get rid of these ads!

INJECTED DODGE finally hits the strip.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FEDSLED, Sep 7, 2004.

1. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

We got the car runnin just in time for the HOTROD NATIONALS here in seattle, My dad (FEDER) has put alot of work into this car the last couple of years since we blew it up at this event two years ago. He built a new injected 440 chrysler for it, custom made all his own headers, watering system,oil pan and intake manifold's to relocate the injectors. we clipped the front of the car and moved the motor back 10".
    we got 4 passes on saturday to break in the new motor and 1 time only on sunday before eliminations. first pass on sunday the car went 10.05 @132.7mph. we went five rounds before gettin eliminated in the semi finals, we were pretty excited to win some money and do so well on its first time out. And to top off the weekend, Monday the old man cut a perfect light A .000 , not bad for being out of the seat for a couple years. were hopin to get it out a few more times before the seasons over, we would like to tune it into the 9.80's, so wish us luck.
    FED

Attached Files:

2. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

another,

Attached Files:

3. Thats badass, I love the sound of those mopar big blocks! Grats on the perfect light and success on the first time out of the box after so long!

Greg

4. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

We had to take this picture, we figured this was the closest we would get to racin a AA/S(ok so we were only parked next to it in the stagin lanes but we can dream "hahaha"). the renero's austin ended up winning in AA/S with a 6.80 @204mph and they deserved it what a great bunch a guys.

Attached Files:

5. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

Some of you HOTROD readers might recognise this car from the A/FX shoot out a couple months back. the starter broke in the stagin lanes and he never got to make a pass but the cars has run 10.60.

Attached Files:

6. Fedsled,that thing is kill.I'm a Mopar nut from wayback!
    kewl you guys had a great time and times on the w/e.Beetle was telling me all about it on the w/e at the Unfinished.Keep us posted on the progress into the nines......Shiny

7. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

I do recognize said car. That's Richard Lefevbre's car, right? I think that article was from more than a few months ago.
    -Crew

8. I've been trying to find an injection setup for a BBM for years. Who made the one on your car? car looks great, BTW, and that 65 sedan altered car gives me wood. David

9. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Pretty funny...as soon as I scrolled down and saw the picture the first words that I uttered were "that's badass" and then the next post from BufordT said the same thing. I'm betting everybody does.
    This makes me want to restore that damned altered 57 too!

10. FWilliams

FWilliams

very impressive out of the box numbers, you guys got it going on!

Fred

11. Nice! I've always wanted to run an SS/AA '68 dart. And maybe an AWB '65 cornet and........

12. Roothawg

Roothawg

13. Good goin guys. Nice to do well outta the box like that. Wish I still had my BB 63 belvidere. Yeh Reneros' car was like a bracket car all wk-end.

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

Nice ride, what's it weight?

15. TINGLER

TINGLER

That is MY idea of a hot rod. [​IMG]

Geee whizzzz that thing is bad ass.

Got any bigger shots of it? You can email them to me if you want....
    ([email protected]....)
    Show us some more details! Got any of the suspension set up?

I love it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

Thanks for kind words fellas.
    the injectors are hilborn standard wedge size not max wedge size, they work real well for old an mechanical system. the car idles good at around 1000rpm's.
    VON, we dont have any suspension shots of it but it runs morrison ladder's and coilovers in the rear and a alston front clip with rack n pinion and coilovers. car weighs 2600lbs dry. I have not figured out how to resize these pics yet so there kinda small but heres a couple shots of the mill, most everything you see is custom made in our garages not much mail order.
    FED

Attached Files:

17. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

OOPs forgot to rotate, hehe.
    another.......

Attached Files:

18. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

19. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

That is a good looking car and an even better looking motor...definitely looks the business. And very respectable times right out of the box...you guys should be proud!

20. I love those old Darts!
    And that motor and the ET's you're running makes it that much better!

Keep us posted!
    Sam.

21. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

WOW, that ebay dart looks like shirly shahan's old super stocker kinda with the paint skeem thats on it. man would that be a piece of drag racin history.
    FED