Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Info to 218" plymouth Flathead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironpumpkin, Apr 22, 2014.

1. ironpumpkin

ironpumpkin
    from Italy

Hi Guys
    Have you a information to make performance and reliable the 218" plymouth Flathead engine???
    you have sites that you would recommend?? secrets to improve it?
    In this moment my engine consume 1 gallon for 6 miles is more???
    any advice? engine is all original!
    Thank you

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. hkestes

hkestes
    from Plano, TX

ironpumkin you will want to register over at www.P15-D24.com which is a site specifically for the 1946 to early 1949 Plymouths and Dodges. There is a lot of information on the flathead Mopars over there.

The 218 can be a very reliable engine. It will not win you any races, but it should be able to handle highway speeds if it is in good condition. You should also be able to get much better gas milage than what you are seeing. I currently get 20 miles per gallon with mine, but I do have an overdrive transmission which helps. I have an aluminum Edgy head, Offenhauser intake, dual Carter Webber carbs and reproduction cast iron Fenton headers. All these parts are on a 230 from a 59 Plymouth now, but I originally had them on my 218.

Checkout my album for some photos of my engine and also do a search here as this subject has been discussed several times. Keep us updated on your progress.

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

What kind of vehicle?

4. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

5. ironpumpkin

ironpumpkin
    from Italy

Thank's friends for help me!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!