Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Info on Chop and Channel

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by MannyK, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Can anyone tell me the chop and channel of this car? Also, how much was the grille shell chopped? And what are the wheel and tire sizes?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Thanks in advance!

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

no way to tell the channel since you can't see the frame... somewhere between 3 and 8 inches would be my guess. ask him to open the door.

4. This is HAMBer SPEEDON'S car. I PM'd him but he hasent been on the HAMB in months

5. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

exactly, that all depends on how much he Zed the frame. you can have a 3in channel and your car on the ground.

6. that is a sweet ride

7. I'm going to say that chassis is a double z with a channel the depth of the frame.
    You can see the front horns and the driver, so unless he's 4 feet tall there's a double Z. The frame isn't visible underneath the car and probably out of 3" tube.

The chop isn't drastic so I'd guess there's 7-8 left at the windshield frame vertical post.

The grill shell needs to be dropped more but I have no idea how much it is already.

8. ^^Thanks!^^

9. D-man313

D-man313

Saw the car at iron invasion. Awesome little coupe. The only thing I do know is the tire size.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1388806434.602642.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1388806452.795473.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. anyone have more info? I would love to see more of this beauty