Register now to get rid of these ads!

info needed on several California cars (photos included)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jerry_Rolls&Pleats, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

Here are a few pics taken at the Antique Nationals, So-Cal Open House and the LA Roadsters show on Fathers Day... so all California cars. Would any of you know the names of the owners of these cars? Or would you know how to contact these guys? If you have any other info (technical, anecdotes, etc.) on these cars, that would be useful to me too!
    Thanks,

Jerry
    ROLLS & PLEATS

Car #1:
    [​IMG]

Car #2:
    [​IMG]

Car #3:
    [​IMG]

Car #4:
    [​IMG]

Car #5:
    [​IMG]

Car #6:
    [​IMG]

Car #7:
    [​IMG]

Car #8:
    [​IMG]

Car #9:
    [​IMG]

Car #10:
    [​IMG]

Car #11:
    [​IMG]

Car #12:
    [​IMG]

Car #13:
    [​IMG]

Car #14:
    [​IMG]

2. displaced_kiwi

displaced_kiwi
    from Olathe KS

You should be able to contact the owner for #8 as it is always on ebay and wait, yes, there it is - Item number: 230038361566

3. Muttley

Muttley

Number 11 is owned by a good friend of royalshifter's. PM him for details.

4. Car #13 is Woody Gilmore's roadster. He built the baddest top fuel dragsters ever. A Woody car is always a work or art and his streeter is no exception. The car is full of neat details, I spent hours looking it over at the CHRR last year. Perfection. Classic. My favorite roadster, ever. Please do a feature on it, Jerry.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. I'll second that all to hell. That thing is right on.:)

6. dirt

dirt
    from norco, CA

i think #9 was a rod and custom feature car at one time. you might be able to find him that way.

7. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

Thanks for the help guys! Does anyone else have info on any of the other cars?

8. 41 Dave

41 Dave

I think car #9 is from Oregon and belongs to Lonnie Gilbertson -I think.

41 Dave

9. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

I see #2 around all the time. Supposedly, the guy has been building it for 15 years. It is a very nice car though he is a little arrogant. Is there any particulars you need? I can try to talk to him again.:rolleyes:

10. Hi Jerry, Car #1 is a car I built in 1996. I sold it to Harold Johanson (well known lakes racer) less engine in 2002. The body is made from a 27 touring (narrowed 6 inches) and the frame is 1919 dodge with a chrysler front axle. 39 trans. 32 rearend. I was able to adapt 48 ford brakes to the front spindles. Thanks, Lynn Bird

11. Car #3 is a clone of a fifties drag car that the Kennedy bros. are building for a texas client, (Jim Jard or Steve Wertheimer) not sure which. It is just about finished now and it is spectacular.

Mick

12. I think #14 is for sale in Hemmings this month, has a small picture that looks like the same car...Anyone still have this month's Hemmings?

13. Mike

Mike

Car # 5 belongs to a guy here in Phoenix named Tom Brauner (sp). He has had the car up for sale for a while, I don't know if it has been sold or not.

14. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

#9 belongs to CRUZR here on the hamb... His name is Randy, he is an old hotrodder and a nice guy. At least it looks like his car

15. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Yes, #3 is Jard's car.

16. OLLIN

OLLIN

Hey Jerry, do you have any more of the old "desperate 50's lifestyle" continental restyling shirts??? I have been wanting one for old time's sake.

17. Car # 10 is fantastic! bttt

18. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Hey There Lynn,
    1st post ,welcome to the HAMB. yes, that modified is a bitchen car, Was also a Hop Up Feature in the Annual. Good job on that one!

19. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

Thanks to you all for the info - we're getting there! :) Still a few more cars to I.D....

20. Relay

Relay

21. 53burb

53burb

The Merc(PIC #10) belongs to a hot looking woman that lives in and around my area here in Whittier, Ca. Get a hold of Joe at Dragon Shop in I believe Whittier or Norwalk or Santa Fe Springs. The Green Merc(PIC#2) I ran into the guy in Pasadena once and he has took 16 years on that car. You should see it in person. It is awesome. Sorry, I have no info on how ya can get in touch with the owner. KNUX! I found the # to get a hold of Joe at "DRAG-N SHOP" :562-945-9976. He built that Merc in the #10 pic. I think?

22. Relay

Relay

here are some more pics of car number 8 if needed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. 53burb

53burb

Ya got Jimmy to sign it? He is a kool kat if anyone has had the chance to talk shop with him. The truck looks awesome now that I see the pics ya just put up. KNUX!

24. Now that is a cool intro:cool:

25. Hot looking woman? And where did you see this Hot Looking Woman??? :mad:

xoxox
    PV

26. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

I've researched it a bit... indeed built by the Drag'N Shop and owned by a girl named Tara. I don't know how hot looking she may be but her Merc sure is!! Man I love that Hirohata style side treatment :eek:

27. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

28. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

You're right, it looks like cruzr's car... but it's not! I've checked, and 41Dave is right, it belongs to Lonnie Gilbertson. Funny, someone else sent me a PM to say it was cruzr's car. The two cars look a lot similar, especially from the front (the back not at all).

29. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

I thought car #10 belonged to Tom from Cypress auto body. I know Joe did work on both Taras & Tom's but isn't Taras a deep red with ghost flames? The blue one was Tom's i thougt. I could be wrong but I'd double check that one..:cool:

30. 53burb

53burb

All I know is that there were 2 kustom Mercs that looked great at Joe's open house this past summer. I think I have seen the dark blue one around Whittier here. KNUX!