Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indy swap meet this weekend...worth the drive?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WildWilly68, Jan 7, 2004.

1. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

My dad and I were going to make the 3.5 hour drive over to Indy for a swap meet this weekend. Haven't been to one there at this time of the year, is it worth the drive? I don't have any definate "needs" right now, but you never know when you'll find something you want. Also is there any nasty construction to deal with coming in from the west on I74? Thanks as always.
    Bill

2. Crestliner

Crestliner

If you need chevy parts. I quit going, all thats there is muscle car parts.

3. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

well that sucks....I'll have to take that into consideration since I'm not driving. Maybe I can find something I need there, even if it is only lunch [​IMG]

4. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

I went in October and was disapointed.

5. i've never been to the indoor one at indy. my muscle car buddys say it's good (for what thats worth). the out door one at the fairgrounds in the fall kicks ass though, you should try to make that one. the kyana swapmeet at louisville is comming up soon. there's lot of stuff there but it's a mad house.

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The ones at the State Fairgrounds are hit and miss. Yep, mostly muscle car stuff. Every now and then I'll go, but the best thing I usually get out of it is getting to hang out with my Dad. The two that are worth the Spring and Fall Hoosier Swap Meet.

7. i meant the ones at the county fairgrounds, not the state fairgrounds. sorry

8. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

<font color="purple"> </font>
    I don't know about the Indy swap, but there will be an indoor swap in Cincinnati Jan. 24th (7am to 3pm) at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds. I'm going to get a space and bring a bunch of my Ford flathead stuff. I'm already getting cabin fever....it'll be nice to just get out and do the old car thing. If you're coming and need something in particular let me know so I can bring it.

The Ford Flathead V8 Engine site