Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indy caravan to the HAMB Drags!

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by lindross, Jul 18, 2008.

1. It's gonna slip up on us here really soon. Who's on board?

We're working on getting the HA/GR rail ready and suited with a new 4spd this year. If that happens we'll be following the big blue bus.

Meet at Bubba's Thursday morning (time to be announced). We head out to Springfield, MO for the big swap meet Friday morning. Once swap meeted out it's time to hang out in Joplin Friday evening. :)

Pretty sure we got GMC Bubba, myself (w/ Hiedi (hotrodmama) & Lindsey (TheLindsey)), Tom & Naomi??, Yancy (gassedbaker) and Don (andysduece).

Attached Files:

2. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

yep pretty sure the beaver hunter will be makin the journey as long as i can keep my stolen tanker truck of fuel hidden

3. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

I will be going by myself. (No Hannah). She would be bored to tears at Springfield. Sounds good to me Scotty. I already have four (4) rooms reserved for us at the Fairfield Inn...where we stayed last year. Each room is two double beds. I need to fax the room request to BobK this weekend.
    Two rooms will be smoking and two non-smoking. I plan on taking the galaxie this year but I will need to trailer it because of the rearend being so low geared. I have a trailer but need to borrow a pickup to use to pull it with. You guys have any ideas??? My old p/u would never make it to Joplin!!!:mad::D

4. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

I would love to caravan with you guys to the drags but unfortunately I can't leave until Friday morning. Maybe I can caravan with you on the return trip to Indy?

5. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

Don,I sure hope you find a truck to get your '63 to the drags. Two of the many things I'm looking forward to at the H.A.M.B. drags are,driving my '56 down the strip and seeing your '63 blasting down the same strip. See you soon. Dennis.

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

why dont you leave weds night and meet us at jeff city for the thursday float down the river?????/there will be boobies!!! :p
    i kid, ill wear a shirt! :)

7. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

did some one say boobies???

8. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Boobies>>>>mmmmmmmmm!!!:d

9. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

some of us gotta work Breeder!

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

they make new jobs everyday! shave your legs and hit the float with us!!! ;)

11. We're locking her in the trunk and taking her with us. :D

12. RacerRick

RacerRick

Maybe I will see you guys on the road again this year. I think I passed you two or three times last year!

13. Yeah, following the big blue bus we're not exactly moving quickly. :D

14. Wowcars

Wowcars

Well, I'll just be meetin up with you there, I guess.
    NOW: Anybody know who's comin from Tejas to bring the LoneStar since flt-blk moved his dumbass east?

15. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Going to try and make it !!!! Going to try my HA/GR out at muncie this weekend !!!!!

Attached Files:

16. Cool! You'll have to give us the full report. Hopefully you can make the haul with us. :cool:

17. Well, looks like a couple changes to the above setup. I myself won't be able to leave for the drags until Friday morning so we'll have to miss the swap meet but if anyone is still planning on heading out Friday morning give us a shout.

Also do to some other commitments we'll be dragster'less and bubba'less this year. :(

18. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

Arrgh.. Well at least the wife can come now!!:) What time can I come by on Thursday? I'm gonna keep the day off and try to get there during the day. Might stop by my sister's on the way in Noblesville, IN.

19. I would say anytime after 6:00. :) Me and Hiedi still have to work. Have to give ya a nickle and dime tour of Bubba's.

20. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

I'll shoot for 2:00 departure. That should get me out of the house by 2:30 and out of the city by 3:30. Stupid Chicago traffic.

21. Sounds good! See ya Thursday! :)