Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indianapolis Saturday Worlds Fastest Indian

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer5c, Feb 15, 2006.

1. racer5c

racer5c

O.K The World's Fastest Indian starts this week in Indy, I have a few people lined up to go Sat night at 7 p.m. it is only showing at the Keystone Art Cinema at Keystone at the Crossing. Anyone else wanna go with us? Let me know.

R.C.

2. Randy D

Randy D

then to Pfouts?

3. racer5c

racer5c

If they are still going that late, I had this planned before they announced their Party, Sat. is the only day that works for some of us and I am not going to miss this movie.

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

From what I've read... the shows sell out. You might want to think ahead and get tickets early. It happened to a group of people I know. I'll get to see it on Saturday up here. :D

5. racer5c

racer5c

6. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

We are not going to make it. I will probably have to wait until it comes out on dvd or something, or if it is like every other movie made in the last 10 years it will be on regular TV before I get around to seeing it.

Love the new avatar, who was driving it that night? it looks like they were on the gas!!!

Just kidding Roy, I owe you a few after all the messages you have left this week.

7. I just got a bunch of guys out here to go see it, some of whom are not bike guys at all and we had a great time and everyone LOVED it...Go see it on the big screen if at all possible, it is really well shot and wait for the beach race scene!!!!

8. racer5c

racer5c

Last Call, we are gonna meet for dinner at 5 at PF Chang's Movie at 7:00 At Keystone Art Cinema,

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'll be at the matinee today, 3:40. Been looking at the papers for the last three weeks waiting for it come. Can't wait any longer.

10. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Who is pfouts? I worked with a guy named martinpfouts at the usps.mike

11. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

You guys will not be disappointed.........but, your eyes will be all over the screen the last third of the movie. Oh yea, keep an eye out for the Mickey Thompson streamliner and the banged up front end. I will look forward to your review of the movie racer5.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

12. racer5c

racer5c

Chris Pfouts Editor of International Tattoo Art Magazine and charter Exiles car club member

www.exilesindy.com

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

You guys will LOVE it!

14. racer5c

racer5c

Your right we did!!! I am gonna go see it again later in the week. I can't remember the last movie I went to but i LOVED this one

15. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Saw the movie last night and again this afternoon - don't mind the Hollywood hokum, it's a great story and they got the best parts right.
    Plus - it's great to see the old machines on the salt, and hear the old names spoken with reverence.
    Hopkins gets it right!

16. mikes51

mikes51

you won't forget that shot from the camera just hovering over the rear of the Challenger at speed, . When was the last time you saw that image fill the big screen with matching sound??

17. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

I have'nt been to a movie in so long that I can't remember the last one. I'm glad I went to see this one!! All you guys thinking of seeing this one...don't think...just do it!!! I can't wait for it to come out in d.v.d. form so I can wear it out!!! Thanks for turning me onto it Roy. Was nice having dinner with you and your lovely wife and meeting Mike and the rest of the guys.

18. My thoughts exactly.

HRLC and I saw the movie last night. Let me tell you it was amasing.

The story was great. The footage on the salt was fantastic. Probably the best movie I have seen in many years.

I would highly suggest seeing it on the big screen at least once.

19. noboD

noboD

I finally saw the movie tonight. Sir Anthony is great. If you guys liked the movie read the book by George Begg, it's better.

20. drofrockology

drofrockology
    from Reno, NV

i was standing behind the video-split when this scene was filmed; also when they shot the simulations of the redhead at speed.

very strange to see the cars sitting just a few short yards away and, because of the lens, crane and tracking shots, it looked like both of the cars were actually running while they were standing still.

with the salt and black line digitally added in post production, they really look like they're moving.

look closely at the reflections on the sides of the cars; they do not change. my reflection could be in there somewhere.

i'm uncertain what sound effect they used for the challenger. with "the world finals" going on during part of the shoot, there were some really fast cars from which to grab audio. i'm relatively certain it's been just about 50-years since those pontiacs have seen life.

Attached Files:

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hard to believe it's been over 4 years since this movie came out. I couldn't even begin to count how many times I've seen the movie since then. Certainly a classic in our world.

22. greeno

greeno
    from Fresno,Ca.

We will be having the Worlds Fastest Indian motorcycle at our May 16th show at the Danny Rouit Flat track museum. This will be the second time we've had it. The guy that owns it has some more Indians that he brings with it that have alot of history. I kinda of feel they over restored it a little bit. Still a sight for sore eyes.
    Gary