Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indiana guy with his old man's 58 Apache

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by indynick, Feb 23, 2014.

1. indynick

indynick

My name is Nick. I am originally from Sylmar California. Currently in Indiana til I retire in a few years and then back to warmer temps.

Anyhow, this is my Dad's original 1958 Chevy Apache. He ordered it and bought it new from Tom Carrol Chevrolet in San Fernando Ca in 58. This was his daily work truck from then until he retired in 1972 at which time it became the family workhorse.
    I learned to drive this when I was 12. dad taught me how to drive it at the local landfill and parking lots. I even took my drivers test in it at 16. The lady thought I was nuts for doing so, but I passed with flying colors.
    Dad passed away in 95. My sister sold it for $500 to a neighbor just to piss me off. I knew where it was and in 2012 I was in a position to make an offer on it and got it back.
    A little about the truck, it is a numbers matching 283 with a 3 on the column. I am currently getting it back on the road. Gonna be a daily driver during the Spring and Summer then back in the garage for the Fall and Winter.

Looking forward to reading about your rides and hope to maybe meet some of you who might be local.

Attached Files:

2. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

Welcome to the H.A.M.B Nick. Nice truck, I would like to have one of those myself. I hope I get to see it around this summer.

3. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Hey Nick! Nice truck! I have a '59 3600, but it's a NAPCO. I really dig Task Force trucks. Welcome to HAMB!

4. indynick

indynick

Hi Guys, thanks for the welcome!

5. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

welcome from wi---------