Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Indian Larry & Von Dutch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 500LBGorilla, Oct 16, 2008.

1. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Just got this as an email , figured i pass it along ,
    if you're in NYC go check it out...

I C O N S O F D E S I G N
    I N D I A N L A R R Y - V O N D U T C H

THE PHOTOGRAPHY OF
    TIMOTHY WHITE & BARRY FEINSTEIN

SPECIAL SHOWING, THURSDAY, OCTOBER 23 FROM 7pm - 10pm
    MORRISON HOTEL GALLERY BOWERY,
    313 BOWERY, NYC, 212-677-2253

Indian Larry is a major photographic tribute by Timothy White of the noted bike builder, stuntman and innovator in the world of custom motorcycles. An intimate friend and riding companion of Indian Larry, photographer Timothy White documented Indian Larry for 16 years. White not only captures Indian Larry's vast talent and uniqueness, but also his humor and sensitivity. White's extensive private collection of fine art portraits, documentary photographs, and images of Indian Larry's extraordinary motorcycle creations, makes this the most exciting personal record of the man and his art.

Von Dutch was uniquely captured by photographer Barry Feinsten at home in Reseda California in 1966 in and around the famous designer's garage and workshop. Feinstein has brilliantly documented the man and his work showing us many moments of Von Dutch's invention and genius.This new series of fine art prints, some never before seen, will enhance Feinstein's already collected fine art works from our gallery which include Bob Dylan, The Byrds, George Harrison, Janis Joplin and many others.
    Barry Feinstein's work for Life, Look, Time, Esquire, and others places him among the top photojournalists of our day.

http://morrisonhotelgallery.com/set/default.aspx?setID=547

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  2. "Click here" no work

3. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

4. vein

vein

Wow! both very well represented, we will miss them!

5. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

One of Larry's vast talents was being convicted for Bank Robbery

6. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Timothy White is the Sam Barris of photography.

7. Conder

Conder

Well, we all can't be dentists enjoying this wonderful hobby at our leisure.

I wonder what these guys think of my latest paint job? Can you fuckers see it from up there? Give me a sign would ya?

8. thanks for the link .. RIP Larry..

9. slammed

slammed

Yep, and look what he did AFTER serving time in the joint. Repent.

10. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

It's what you do with your life after it turns to shit that counts.

Both these guys deserve respect in their own way. If for no other reason than being unique in a world of conformity.

11. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

I concur Larry turned his life around and practiced what he preached! Awesome dude he is missed. Huge loss...

12. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

indian larry built some kick ass scoots ,i always wondered if someone would make a bike frame out of welded logging chain and IL did it before he passed , R.I.P and from what ive read von dutch was a hell of a machinest , striper , and artist ,

13. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Hey Tim is an OK guy, I was drinking & wrenching with Larry long before the hype! He got better as life sobered him, LOL. I've seen some of the Dutch photos already, I'd say it would deff be worth going to see!
    FRITZ

14. wvenfield

wvenfield

Wow, very cool pics. Thanks

15. portiadog

portiadog

[/QUOTE] Both these guys deserve respect in their own way. If for no other reason than being unique in a world of conformity. [/QUOTE]

Their work should be respected for many reasons, but as men they deserve none. Both were huge douchebags. Von Dutch was a drunk, racist asshole. I used to think Indian Larry was cool until I saw swastikas all over one of his bikes. (And none of this bullshit about the swastika having many more meanings than that attributed to it by the 3rd Reich. If thats not how you want to portray yourself, than use one of the many other styles of swastikas that were used before the German bastardization.) There's a difference between being an outsider/independent and an asshole.

16. Watch whom you call a douchebag idiot.

If you knew Larry, you would know he was no racist. Try living in NYC without being surrounded by fags, blacks, jews, puertoricans, Italions, etc. Just cause a guy has a Swazi....dont mean he doesn't like all mankind. Think I'll go get one. Hugs sweet tits!

Show will be sick... gents doing the show are a class act...

No worries, the racist scum dont hang out at these shindigs... I think all the haters live in N.C.

Thats where I see all them flags anyway. Just teasing, dont be so ignorant. There is room for all of us! Smooches...

17. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

18. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Both these guys deserve respect in their own way. If for no other reason than being unique in a world of conformity. [/quote]

Their work should be respected for many reasons, but as men they deserve none. Both were huge douchebags. Von Dutch was a drunk, racist asshole. I used to think Indian Larry was cool until I saw swastikas all over one of his bikes. (And none of this bullshit about the swastika having many more meanings than that attributed to it by the 3rd Reich. If thats not how you want to portray yourself, than use one of the many other styles of swastikas that were used before the German bastardization.) There's a difference between being an outsider/independent and an asshole.[/quote]

The swastika is an indian symbol from WAY before the nazis got a hold of it, and I'm fairly sure that being a native american will exclude you from any skinhead orginazation.

19. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

Better call all the ratrodders and bikers that have the iron cross on their stuff Nazis too then. Let me know how that works out for you.

Shawn

20. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

WOW. This post is going to hell in a hand basket real quick.
    Looks like a great exhibit.

21. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

22. bustingear

bustingear

Italions (Italians) are LIONS ..."you got thata right...you sure got that right! Line from Skynard. In addition it is refreshing to hear someone from the south down the skinhead mentality....Yours truly gear

23. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

WHAT I'M A NAZI NOW .... FUK.... by the way awesome pics , they look like they all were taken yesterday......amazing...

24. I was a skinhead growing up... Played in a band called "Well Aware" I'm also German....and I'm no Nazi.

I grew up in a town called Keyport... all my friends were black and peurtorican. Well, not all...but many. Just saw a few of my buddies last week....true friends till the end. People are not always how they appear.

It's just silly to run your mouth and say something bout people when you dont know them personally. But we forgive you. I try never to sterotype or player hate... why bring negative shit into your life. Be happy... live your life the way you wanna.

Larry was a personally friend to my friends, brothers, and CC club. We used his shop for our NYC meetings. We are in dept to him for his support and friendship, forever. Keep your nasty feelings to yourself please. He was crazy...but not a Nazi. Be well everyone. Enjoy the Hamb.... See you at this show.

Less Drama....more building! Hugs Negros! That means brother....in my hood.

25. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Ya Know Mel , my first instinct was to open up on that reply about Larry being a Nazi, but i knew it would just end up 22 pages of me and this guy going back and forth so i didn't..
    I posted this link cause i though it was going to be a cool show with some cool pics..
    Larry was my friend and i miss the hell outta him..

somebody close this thread before it turns into something it wasn't meant to be..

26. i agree rocco ..
    [​IMG]
    doin what the man did best , RIP Larry

Attached Files:

27. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Wish that pic was bigger, after all the discovery channel stuff hit, Paul Cox made a sign that said"AS SEEN ON TV" and hung it over Larry's work table, it was funny as hell
    Tha shop was a blast to hang out in..

28. Truckedup

Truckedup

I enjoyed looking through the photos,thanks for posting them.

29. Boy, you guys sure are quick to pass judgement on a guy who had a tattoo on his neck reminding him about passing judgement.

30. Keep the tread open...no fighting here.

I met Larry the night he got that tattoo on his neck. I was a wee lad and thought he was sick...

Never forget it... Jimmy Gistapo was chasing the bartender around the bar (Continental) spitting booze on fire at him. Exciting evening!

Hello Rocco!